IGNORED

Atari Buy/Sell/Swap/Trade Event August 5th 10am-2pm 15 miles SE of Charlotte, NC

800_Rocks

Mark your calendars!!!  Anyone within driving distance to Charlotte, NC   I am hosting the first annual good old fashioned Atari BUY/SELL/SWAP/TRADE event!!!  Save the eBay fees and shipping headaches.  This is my first time organizing an event like this so I'm sure there will be some rough edges.  If we have good attendance I would like to make this a yearly event.  This first time we will go 90% Atari.  If we can't fill the room with Atari then at future events we may include some of the other classic 8Bits.

I have a ton of Atari 8bit and Atari ST items that I clean, repair, fully test and sell to pay for my hobby.  I will be bringing at least the following items for Sell/Trade:

• Fully tested/working:  8bit - 400, 800, 600XL, 800XL, XEGS, 1050 drives, IndusGT drives,  lots of Atari books, 60+ unique cartridge titles, some software on 5.25" diskette, joysticks, paddle controllers, trak-ball controllers
  • Fully tested/working: 16bit - 520ST, 1040ST, both color and monochrome Atari monitors, mouse, books, some software on 3.5" diskette,
  • 100+ Atari 2600 game cartridges
  • Items that need TLC and/or repairs:  Atari ST 3.5" external diskette drives, 410 and 1010 recorders, 1050 drives, IndusGT drives, monitors, joysticks, good outer shells for most A8 and ST units, many parts.
  • If you have an A8 and need a minor repair or an upgrade/mod, PM me and I will let you know if it is something I can do for you (not during the event).
  • I'm sure I am forgetting many items 😁

For show and tell I will have several playable Atari 8bits so the kids and kids at heart can play ATARI !!!  I will also have a 4MB Atari STE my recently acquired Atari TT030 up and running.

There are already commitments from others who are bringing their Atari items for Sell/Trade.  I plan to create an Event on Facebook and will add the link here.

I will need 2 or 3 volunteers to help me with setup and take-down (lite clean-up and we must put the tables and chairs back the way we find them, etc.)

Expect to pay with Cash or PayPal only.  Other sellers may offer more options but those two are it for me 😁

When:   Saturday August 5th, 2023

Hours:  10am to 2pm

Fees: CASH ONLY $5 admission per individual or family  OR  $10 per table (with 1 or 2 chairs) if you are bringing items to sell.  You must contact me by PM if you wish to have a $10 table as the number of tables is limited.

Snacks: CASH ONLY  A limited number of sodas, water and packaged snacks will be available for purchase as a nominal fee

James B. Crump VFW Post 2423

100 VFW Ln, Indian Trail, NC 28079

Note: the VFW post is in the process of changing the name of their road so you may also see the address as:

100 James Crump Way, Indian Trail, NC 28079

This location is 16 miles from the center of downtown Charlotte and is only 4 miles from the intersect of I-485 and East Independence Blvd (aka Highway 74)

Here are pictures of the event space.  One showing their recent renovations and one showing the tables and chairs.  I believe they are 5 foot tables.

1880696410_VFWHall1.thumb.jpg.e830c27e5abf8362169700bbdbbbab00.jpg

Example of the tables/chairs for the sellers.

1606274453_VFWHall2.thumb.jpg.0d71be9658e309f40dd9f3bf3c6a1bc2.jpg

Note: the location of the VFW Hall.  It is right next to the Railroad tracks.  Lots of parking is available right outside the building.

image.thumb.png.67aacaf68aebb58475b536bbceedb7f3.png

• Like 4

Got a buddy in Indian Trail, or nearby, @Rickster8, and I live relatively close myself.

I hope I remember to motivate to join you all, kinda earmarking it, so I don't forget.

Cool deal, Man, I'll prolly bring the 400 and boxed 600Xl that need repair, that I been bugging you about for prolly years now!

• Like 3

Nothing to sell or trade for now, except stories ;). Might buy something, if my self-control wavers... :lol:

Will mark the calendar, as I would love to meet local Atarians and share experiences!

I also would love to help set it up.

Edited by Ppyo
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Rickster8 said:

Hopefully I can find a good Atari-Mouse there for playing in Emulation.

So would that be a USB kind of mouse or what?  I only run real hardware 95% of the time so I have not tried a joystick or mouse for Atari 8bit or Atari ST on PC emulation.

2 hours ago, 800_Rocks said:

So would that be a USB kind of mouse or what?  I only run real hardware 95% of the time so I have not tried a joystick or mouse for Atari 8bit or Atari ST on PC emulation.

Yes I have a D9 adaptor. So one end is 9 pin and the other end is D9 which then a wire fits into which then goes into the USB port.... With this D9 I can plug it into an Intellivision disc, a trak ball, a joystick and an Atari Mouse once I find a good one.... 👍

Yes this is all for playing in emulation. I have original hardware as well, but right now all those cables to my TV are setup for Intellivision so I play Atari in emulation on my PC when I'm playing in the Atari HSC.... 

Edited by Rickster8
Wording
  • Like 1

I created a Facebook Event within the 'Atari 8-bit Computers' group.  So you may need to be a member of that group in order to see the Event.  Please go there (link below), find the Event and click on 'Going' or 'Maybe', etc.  Also we can have discussions there and/or here.  Thanks!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/181644898539691

Note:  I wanted to create the Event in the AtariAge Facebook group as it has 3X the members but could not figure out how to create it there.  Oh well.

• 3 weeks later...

Hopefully people will be interested in 2600/5200/7800.  I will be bringing boxed and loose games for all 3 systems.

A couple of examples:

A7800 loose Ninja Golf, Commando

A2600 a bunch of knock off carts, Tawain carts, Dakar 4 in 1 carts etc.

• Like 2

On 7/23/2023 at 11:15 AM, evg2000 said:

Hopefully people will be interested in 2600/5200/7800.  I will be bringing boxed and loose games for all 3 systems.

A couple of examples:

A7800 loose Ninja Golf, Commando

A2600 a bunch of knock off carts, Tawain carts, Dakar 4 in 1 carts etc.

Love to check out what knock off carts you have after the show!! 

• Like 1