IGNORED

Problem Compiling (SOLVED)

KevKelley

Normally I use Visual batari Basic and have no problems. I last used my tablet 2 days ago. Today I decided to work on some stuff and I loaded VbB like normal, picked my program, and clicked compile. 

While the bottom said “2600 Basic compilation completed,” it did not show the space used up or any of the bank info I normally see and when I tried to run a Missing Binary warning popped up. 

Weird. 

I rebooted my tablet and tried again. Same thing. 

I decided to try Visual Studio Code and it wouldn’t save.  When I checked the .bin folder there was no new files. 

I was able to save my project but not compile it. 

Any thoughts on what could have caused this or any troubleshooting?

Edited by KevKelley

Think I found the culprit…

Thinking back to anything that my computer did last couple days and I remembered Microsoft Threat Detector popping up. 

It had scanned and said there were no threats but I loaded it up today to look into it further. 

It seems that it quarantined some of my bB stuff…

IMG_1962.jpeg

1 hour ago, Karl G said:

Yeah; unfortunately lazy virus detection algorithms have resulted in false positives for Windows binaries in the past, too.

This was the first time I experienced it but I noticed when trying to compile this last time a window popped up in the corner. I thought it weird because I never really never go online with it or download anything.