IGNORED

Sonic Origins & Plus

Classic Pac

I just got a copy of the game the other day and this Sonic Fan loves it. So many games, so many I never played before. There is a lot I still need to figure out and a lot of which I found. So I figured why not start this here. 

Extra Lives are coins

Knuckles can get an Invincibility Monitor in Sonic 1 Marble Arch 1. Just go right to the wall and climb up. I discovered it hoping to bipass most of the level, but made my discovery. 

I do like that you don't run out of lives in the games.   :)  It's neat to try to do some of the unlockable stuff (with more stuff added in Plus), too.

It's worth noting that the Game Gear games look like straight ports and don't add to your 'coin count' or any unlockable stuff.

I kid you not but I discovered something very interesting just now which I can now not replicate but someone needs to investigate this.

YOU CAN PLAY WIDESCREEN WITH LIVES VIA A GLITCH.

So all I did was resume my boss battle file on Sonic CD and for some reason was greeted with the 1-2-1 level select screen. I went back and was able to access what seems like left overs from the mobile version such as menus etc. I could then start a game from the first level, in widescreen with lives. This seems to be an exploit through the boss battle as you obviously have have lives there.

I did work out that initially I was holding right on dpad and button A and as the 'Egg Conveyor' title card came up it went to the level select and from there on my Palm Tree Panic Act 1 widescreen with lives. However after doing something else, I can't replicate the glitch.

Screenshot_20230702_102628_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230702_102549_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230702_102539_Gallery.jpg

20230702_102607.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, bradhig1 said:

Isn't the game gear a handheld master system?

Largely yes, it's close, but not quite.  And I don't just mean the larger amount of colors to pull from.  I don't remember the actual coding level details, but I was made aware there are some abilities other than color they do not share so doing straight ports don't work well, though largely it can be lifted, some work is needed.  I'm sure a google search could dig up your answer better than that.

17 hours ago, bradhig1 said:

Isn't the game gear a handheld master system?

Mostly but the Master System has a higher resolution that results in a less zoomed in view of the action, which gives the player more time to react to obstacles when running at high speed or dodging enemy projectiles. 

The Master System has the better resolution, the Game Gear has the wider color palette

• 2 months later...