IGNORED

Space Invaders with scrolling moon?

SoundGammon

24 minutes ago, Supergun said:

I believe that the moon backdrop in the arcade space invaders wasn’t part of the “graphics”; rather it was just a cellophane layer of art inside the cabinet.

I believe you are correct. 

6 hours ago, SoundGammon said:

I like playing Apollos "Spacechase" with the scrolling moon in the background and I was wondering if it could be hacked into Space Invaders?

hmm, all of the player shots and invader shots are drawn with the ball to prevent duplicate and triplicate copies when on the scan lines with the invaders or shields. The ball shares color with the playfield, so would become invisible when over the playfield elements used to draw the moon. 

5 hours ago, SpiceWare said:

hmm, all of the player shots and invader shots are drawn with the ball to prevent duplicate and triplicate copies when on the scan lines with the invaders or shields. The ball shares color with the playfield, so would become invisible when over the playfield elements used to draw the moon. 

...and there isn't enough CPU time left to do so anyway.

Couldn't the moon just be a bg mage? The balls have to share a sprite color, or a bg color, so I don't see the problem, though the shot would be either brown or tan, depending on what color its over (assuming the same moon in the above example)