IGNORED

Model 2 geneses issue

klopes

I was given a model 2 Sega genesis yesterday that doesn't power on ( or at least I don't think so ) . It was tested with a known working Sega power supply. ( we had my Sega and my cousins Sega tested and his turned on using the same power supply ). After opening up the console I noticed that the LED light is broken. We didn't have an av cable to test if the console still displayed on the tv even if we didn't have the red power light lit on the console. Now my question is this, will a broken LED light cause the Sega not to work? is it part of a circuit on the board of some sort? I ordered a av cable that is compatible with the Sega genesis model 2 that will hopefully get here tomorrow of Friday. I did look at the 3 solder joints at the power jack and they all look great, no cracks, it doesn't wiggle around. so yes my only question is about the LED light, because its broken will that cause the Sega not to work? thank you for your time