IGNORED

Maria on the A8?

AtariNerd

3 hours ago, tebe said:

What other expansion has resulted in more than 100 new game titles.

Hardware: Rapidus or Antonia or other 65816 expansion in combo with e.g. ZX emu.

Software: Chip-8 Emulator, Apple II emulator

(For the Chip-8 emulator I recently downloaded more than 600 Chip-8 programs, but did not have the time to test any of them yet.)

But: I do not own Rapidus or Antonia or any other 65816 expansion (and don't plan buying any of them). Also do not plan to buy Maria PBI/ECI...

29 minutes ago, CharlieChaplin said:

But: I do not own Rapidus or Antonia or any other 65816 expansion (and don't plan buying any of them). Also do not plan to buy Maria PBI/ECI...

MARIA ECI does not interfere with the hardware like those mentioned, it is an external cart

...for those that fear that original 7800 Maria chips are sacrificed, I am quoting this from the 7800 forum:

Defender_2600:

"In short, MariaECI is a FPGA of 7800 MARIA graphics chip that enhances the original graphics performance with more palettes in 320 mode, full transparency, more sprites on screen and much more. It currently runs on Atari 8-bit XL/XE and is planned for 7800 MiSTer. Obviously it is hoped that in the future it will also be available for 7800, perhaps with the SN³ cart."

Eagle:

"BTW MariaEci could be a great opportunity for A8 programmers to learn Maria.

But FYI A7800 programmers can easily learn programming Atari Jaguar because Object Processor it's very very similar to Maria."

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2023 at 11:41 AM, tebe said:

yes

I hardware?  Software 80 columns does not work for me.

10 minutes ago, tebe said:

yes

3 modes on screen (mod player), 40 columns, 80 columns, vga (each in a separate pallet)

That's pretty impressive.  Is there a plan to provide this as an upgrade?  I know some people prefer not to develop things that might require the destruction of an existing console.