IGNORED

Flashback 12 Gold

Harry Paget

Hello, All,

I've just received what I was expecting to be the 50th Anniversary edition of the AtGames Flashback console, but it's arrived in a box branded as 'Atari Flashback 12 Gold', with none of the 'Atari 50' logos anywhere to be seen.

It's seems correct in every other respect, but I can't find any reference to a version 12 anywhere, not even on the AtGames website, so I thought I'd ask the good people here if what I've received is a genuine console or not. It's come from Amazon EU (Germany, I believe) which may explain the alternative box art.

Thanks for any help!

AFG_12_01.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

This is very interesting. I have no information on it other than doing a google search came up with a couple websites that have it for sale. Where did you purchase this from? Is the game list the exact same as the games that are on the Flashback 50th Anniversary? The 50th Anniversary would be the 11th Flashback console so I am confused why they would stealth release one as the Flashback 12 Gold.

It was purchased from Amazon (link here) – I took a chance on the 'slightly damaged packaging', which turned out to be a tiny little dent on the front face of the box (it's just visible on the photo, above the P1 joystick). I guess the level of damage must be different for each unit, so I may have just been lucky.

Identical games list to the 50th Anniversary unit. The printed instruction manual – also titled 'Atari Flashback 12 Gold' states the model no. as AR3080B.

I'm still not sure whether to be pleased that it appears to be a newer model or miffed that it's not the 50th Anniversary edition, as advertised!