IGNORED

Season 14 ~ Week 12/13 ~ Under The Earth

Vocelli

😮

Minerz 2049erz - 2,183

1F11B75D-DE50-47A3-883F-6752A1C9C693.thumb.jpeg.3a1e81a0d7cfca0148f42306132068d5.jpeg

I tried a bunch on the second level and wasn’t able to find a way to get that last mutant. After checking some videos online, I didn’t see anyone catching it either (if you can, wow, please share your strategy!). I never had success jumping them either, but saw that it was possible, so I practiced that on the first level until I felt decently confident- I found you had to walk towards them and jump when you’re pretty much on top of them, since I was constantly dying when it looked like I cleared them. Anyway, I raced to the second level, then took my sweet time squeezing out every point until I had to jump ‘em, and holy cow it worked. I’m still floored. 

Thuuuunderrrrgroooounnnnd! - ROLLAGE!! Level 23!

937C8772-79E8-42E8-9DF6-B4A69269D75E.thumb.jpeg.fb986c65cd2ecd5aee1d537c74974cff.jpeg

Aaaaaaaaah!!!

I dedicate this 300k to @ZilchSr whose tips and vid were the perfect strategy guide. Thanks!

Edited by fakecortex
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Snowbound1996 said:

Gave it my best shot and here's my scores for this week!

This round doesn't end till 7/30, so you still have some time!

49 minutes ago, nads said:

Miner 2049er (Board 1-2 Challenge): 2,262

WOW. Nice job! How were you able to get that mutant on the top right of the second screen??

Edited by fakecortex
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, fakecortex said:

How were you able to get that mutant on the top right of the second screen??

I've been practicing level 2 and was able to catch it by starting at the circled location, jumping left to grab the item and kill that mutant, then jumping back to the right twice, going up the elevator, running(crawling) to the edge and jumping again to get the next mutant just in time. This made it harder to get the other 2 mutants but I was able to get both of those using the item at the bottom right as well. Now I just need to pull all that off after doing 3 runs of level 1!

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, fakecortex said:

WOW. Nice job! How were you able to get that mutant on the top right of the second screen??

Exactly how @Keir described.

Then the very top mutant I jump over to get the item and he is history.

Jumping the mutants regularly is the challenging part of the game

Edited by nads
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks @Keir & @nads! That drawn out "play" and description is hilarious and helpful. I had tried that way and by trying with the top left item, but now I'm gonna give it another go. I also didn't think the bottom right item would last long enough for the top mutant, so I'll experiment with which one I have a better time with, bc jumping them is just so risky. With a solid screen 2 like that Keir, you're sure to have a crazy good run. *edit* wait, what am I saying, you already have over 2k!

Edited by fakecortex
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, fakecortex said:

I also didn't think the bottom right item would last long enough for the top mutant

I have been able to get that item, drop down to get the mutant below it, then go up to the very top to get that mutant. However, I have never once been successful at jumping over a mutant!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, fakecortex said:

I have not been able to speed crawl my way over to the top right mutant after getting the top left power up; impressive!

Coming from the middle, you have to move close to the top left powerup. Then do a jump to the right and you'll get the item on the first jump while already being on the way back to the middle again. Use the "elevator" and then some steps and two jumps. This is the way I can do it. Hopefully it's not just the pal effect.

(I can't do an Illustration right now, cause i'm on Holiday right now.)

• Like 2