IGNORED

BupBoop! (Rikki & Vikki)

SainT

28 minutes ago, wongojack said:

Can you post a link to the chips you ordered?  Did you get them yet?  Did replacing RIOT with one of these chips work?

Unfortunately this was not the fix for my console. The new and old RIOT chips seem to all be working as expected. I ordered the new chips from aliexpress.

I suspect I'll have to replace a couple transistors that are related to the 6532 chip on the board. I have the parts now, but haven't had the motivation to open things back up and start replacing more things.

Edited by thecavalry
  • Like 1

Ok, I own the game on Steam and a Physical copy.  I now have the rom files.  I realize most people are focused on the GameDrive, but is there an emulator that can run them? A7800 doesn't seem to do it.

Edit - BupSystem of course:  

7 hours ago, wongojack said:

Ok, I own the game on Steam and a Physical copy.  I now have the rom files.  I realize most people are focused on the GameDrive, but is there an emulator that can run them? A7800 doesn't seem to do it.

Edit - BupSystem of course

The game is on Steam, so it’s already packed with a copy of BupSystem in order to play it on Windows. You shouldn’t need to run a separate instance of BupSystem unless you just want to. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DrVenkman said:

The game is on Steam, so it’s already packed with a copy of BupSystem in order to play it on Windows. You shouldn’t need to run a separate instance of BupSystem unless you just want to. 

HA - when you put it that way it does seem pretty silly.

I bought a GameDrive (nice Labor Day sale on Stone Age Gamer), so they made the files available, and I wanted to try and run them. 

Why open and launch Steam when I can struggle through an emulator setup myself? <sic>

• Like 1

On 8/31/2024 at 12:16 PM, wongojack said:

I bought a GameDrive (nice Labor Day sale on Stone Age Gamer), so they made the files available

Just ordered mine a few hours ago! Thanks for the heads up and remember to check my email for R&V link to the download. Bob’s Asteroids Deluxe will be the first game I fire up to see the RGB goodness, followed by R&V. 

Edit: Got it today! Was bummed out when Donkey Kong Remix (demo) crashed! Then I remembered I needed to update the firmware. All good now! 

• Like 2