IGNORED

Atari Touch Me Repair

Jason_Atari

I have 2 x Touch Me's and both of them are totally dead. They both wont power on via battery or power supply. Both are in good condition, and internally the boards and components all look clean, with no burnt out or corroded components. What can go wrong with these? I'm assuming the main chip could be no good, but on both? Any help would be appreciated, cheers 🙂

Sounds like they're just not getting power. I would think that even if just the main chip was bad, you'd still be getting some sign of life; garbage on the readout display, LEDs not behaving correctly, game frozen, sound being weird, whatever. FWIW I have a Touch Me, and although it works, the power is a little touchy.* If everything else looks clean, I'd suggest maybe the power switch just needs a good cleaning or a little bit of Deoxit (or similar).  

How are the wires and connections on the 9V battery connector pad? If there are any crimps or sharp bends, it's possible there may be internal wire breakage.

Is the AC adapter jack loose at all, or does it have any cracks in the solder joints?

(*Pun retroactively intended. 😜)