IGNORED

Rebuild of Apple ][ dev system for Atari 2600 possible?

SvOlli

Hello!

There is an idea that I've been tossing in my mind back and forth for a couple of months now.

In the 80's there was a 2600 development system available for the Apple ][.. But it's hard to find information about this except for some scans of adverts.

So I want to use this thread to collect as much information as possible about this development system. Mostly I'm interested in the software (disk images, archives, source code, etc.) and pictures of the board.

My final goal would be to recreate the board as an open source project (or a similar board from scratch) that will work with my Apple IIgs. What do you think, would this be achievable?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, SvOlli said:

In the 80's there was a 2600 development system available for the Apple ][

Are you referring to the frob?

There are a few scans of the docs on Atarimania. No software or schematics, though. I remember it being discussed a few times over the years here on AA, but without details about the hardware or software.

2 hours ago, SvOlli said:

My final goal would be to recreate the board as an open source project (or a similar board from scratch) that will work with my Apple IIgs. What do you think, would this be achievable?

I think it's a very cool project. I find old, obscure hardware like this very interesting. I guess the hardest part is to find someone who actually owns the device who is also willing to trace the board, or lend it to someone with the expertise to do it.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...