IGNORED

Best way to ship single floppies?

BoatofCar

I have always mailed my floppies between two sheets of cardboard, and then usually in one of those bubble type envelopes.  Has worked for years.

Just cut the cardboard a tiny bit bigger than the floppy in it's sleeve.  Make a sandwich with the floppy in the middle and a bit of tape holding the works together.  Put it into the bubble pack and ship.

• Like 2

On 7/22/2023 at 12:45 PM, BoatofCar said:

I plan to list my Apple II software collection on eBay. It contains many original Infocom, etc disks, so I want to make sure they are well packaged. Unfortunately I have no boxes, just disks and sleeves. How should I best ship them to protect them?

Hello Boat!!!!

Once Upon a Time, "they" made Floppy Mailers, just for such an occasion...

The Cardboard Sandwich, describe above is always an option, or even a Cardboard Mailer or one of the USPS Flat Rate Boxes...

MarkO.

39 minutes ago, potatohead said:

I started the cardboard sandwich after receiving a bent disk in one of those mailers.

Was expensive software too!

It does help when the Mail Handlers realize that a Flat Cardboard Package should remain Flat..

At least the last Issue of Juiced.GS I got was kept flat, instead of them Rolling it up to put it in my Mail Box..   All of the Juiced.GS Envelopes say, "DO NOT BEND" on them....

MarkO