IGNORED

ZΔRKSTΔRS IV - Nebula

HSW3ET

Hi everyone!

The new game of the ZARKSTARS Space Saga is ready!

ZΔRKSTΔRS IV: Nebula

Reserve your copy! Very soon I will start shipping. Limited and numbered edition.

More information at [ www.facebook.com/zarkstars ] or the website [ www.zarkstars.com ].

Hope you like the news!
Cheers!
Leandro Camara

PS: Some copies (NTSC) are with me in Europe, in case anyone wants them. And for those who haven't bought the other games yet, know that it is possible to send more games in the same package, if you are interested in purchasing more than one title.

Links to my games here on the forum:
INTRUDERS ( https://forums.atariage.com/topic/352349-intruders-2600 )
ORBITAL WAR ( https://forums.atariage.com/topic/338129-orbital-war-2600 )
ZARSKTARS I: A SPACE SAGA ( https://forums.atariage.com/topic/325905-z%CE%B4rkst%CE%B4rs-a-space-saga )
ZARKSTARS II: GROUND FORCE ( https://forums.atariage.com/topic/332014-z%CE%B4rkst%CE%B4rs-ii-ground-force )

Nebula 01.jpg

Zarkstars 4-1.jpg

Zarkstars 4-2.jpg

• Like 5

ZeroPage Homebrew has the Exclusive World Premiere of ZΔRKSTΔRS IV: Nebula on tonight's ZPH stream LIVE on Twitch, hope you can join us!

Games:

• LIVE Interview with John Mikula of Mr. Run and Jump (2023 | 2600) by Heavy Horse Games / John Mikula
  • ZΔRKSTΔRS IV: Nebula (2023 Exclusive World Premiere | 2600) by Leandro Camara @HSW3ET (Programming, Design and Soundtrack), Heitor Maciel (Programming Consulting), Viviane Peçaibes (Design and Text Consulting), Leonardo Santiago @Leonardo Santiago (Hardware & Programming Consulting)
  • Food Ninja (2023 | 2600) by Ricardo Pim @Ricardo Pim

WATCH AT 1080P60 FOR BEST QUALITY

• Like 3

On 8/1/2023 at 10:30 PM, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

ZeroPage Homebrew has the Exclusive World Premiere of ZΔRKSTΔRS IV: Nebula on tonight's ZPH stream LIVE on Twitch, hope you can join us!

Thanks again James and Tanya! It's great to see you two playing so hard on NEBULA. 😊
As I mentioned in the chat, you pretty much got to the middle of the game in a few tries... and Tanya managed to play very well in the Expert variation, as she released the joystick button to bounce the probes. Very good! 👍

Thanks also to everyone who participated in the chat and managed to watch the show. It was quite interesting!

Cheers!

Leandro Camara

PS: I found it curious that you insisted on going through that "cage" in the second scene... that seems difficult to me. 😎

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ZARKSTARS IV: NEBULA is now available!

Anyone interested can write to the email [ zarkstarsgame@gmail.com ] and reserve your copy. The edition will be limited and numbered. Also, a few copies (NTSC) are with me in Europe, in case anyone wants them. 

And for those who haven't bought the other games yet, know that it is possible to send more games in the same package, if you are interested in purchasing more than one title.

Links to my games here on the forum:
INTRUDERS ( https://forums.atariage.com/topic/352349-intruders-2600 )
ORBITAL WAR ( https://forums.atariage.com/topic/338129-orbital-war-2600 )
ZARSKTARS I: A SPACE SAGA ( https://forums.atariage.com/topic/325905-z%CE%B4rkst%CE%B4rs-a-space-saga )
ZARKSTARS II: GROUND FORCE ( https://forums.atariage.com/topic/332014-z%CE%B4rkst%CE%B4rs-ii-ground-force )

Cheers!
Leandro Camara

Nebula (75dpi) - 01.jpg

Nebula (75dpi) - 02.jpg

Nebula (75dpi) - 03.jpg

Nebula (75dpi) - 06.jpg

Edited by HSW3ET
  • Like 3

Boys in tha hood,

I played my copy today (had to do it before but a lot on my mind and when i finally got time i got sick, still am). 

Well... Did Nebula today for the 2nd time and i do like it more when i played first. I much like the puzzle factor within its gameplay to get that hole in the wall asap. 

I didnt got far off course because i suck at Atari gameplay always but u like it, Maybe not as much as Intruders interviewed before, but it is close, closer than it was before.

I played on both Retron and PAL Junior and again i fancy the Junior more. There is something with the joystick of the Retron or the pace of the game is faster, i dunno but i didn't got far. I played with a Epix 500XJ or something in the Junior and even its for right handed people i did better than i did on the Retron77 -joystick. 

If have to rank this it will come pretty close to a top 10 i guess, Maybe a top 25 all time. I have a lot of games for the Atari 2600 but were this homebrewers back in the day. Quality has so been upgraded in the last decades. 

Made some pics for the difference between PAL and NTSC, it isnt worth neglecting this for an European buyer. Almost no difference. So my advice... Get your copy as fast as possible. A lot of goodies and if u are not up for playing and just collecting? Well i advice even more to buy this. Great quality box, cart and label!!!! 👍👍👍👍👍

IMG20230816101439.jpg

IMG20230816102832.jpg

IMG20230816102929.jpg

IMG20230816102943.jpg

IMG20230816103001.jpg

IMG20230816102724.jpg

IMG20230816102709.jpg

IMG20230816101519.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/16/2023 at 9:58 AM, StormyWeathers said:

Boys in tha hood,

I played my copy today (had to do it before but a lot on my mind and when i finally got time i got sick, still am). 

Well... Did Nebula today for the 2nd time and i do like it more when i played first. I much like the puzzle factor within its gameplay to get that hole in the wall asap. 

I didnt got far off course because i suck at Atari gameplay always but u like it, Maybe not as much as Intruders interviewed before, but it is close, closer than it was before.

I played on both Retron and PAL Junior and again i fancy the Junior more. There is something with the joystick of the Retron or the pace of the game is faster, i dunno but i didn't got far. I played with a Epix 500XJ or something in the Junior and even its for right handed people i did better than i did on the Retron77 -joystick. 

If have to rank this it will come pretty close to a top 10 i guess, Maybe a top 25 all time. I have a lot of games for the Atari 2600 but were this homebrewers back in the day. Quality has so been upgraded in the last decades. 

Made some pics for the difference between PAL and NTSC, it isnt worth neglecting this for an European buyer. Almost no difference. So my advice... Get your copy as fast as possible. A lot of goodies and if u are not up for playing and just collecting? Well i advice even more to buy this. Great quality box, cart and label!!!! 👍👍👍👍👍

StormyWeathers!

Thanks again for the review! I saw that you also wrote about Orbital War (and Intruders). I'll reply right away. 😊

Again about the colors on the PAL console... I really like what I see! In this case, the color of the wall was very cool! I'm curious to see how it goes in the second scene, where the ship flies in space. 👍

On how to improve your performance in this game... do the following:
Learn first to balance the probes without letting them disappear at the bottom of the screen. Forget the wall at this point. When you're trained in this and your reflexes with the probes are more instinctive... then start playing by activating the ship's laser now (keep the button pressed always and only take your finger off when the bar is pointing overload).
Drill the hole in the wall in the center of it... don't move the wall (joystick up and down) if not necessary.

Don't forget to send your scores to post on the site! 😉

Thanks again for the words!
Leandro.

Edited by HSW3ET