IGNORED

I'm beating every 7800 game over on YouTube!

Silver Back

Hey guys I just completed my 3rd episode of Man vs 7800 over on YouTube.  This time I took on Double Dragon, but I've also completed Tower Toppler and Midnight Mutants!  If your interested in seeing how it's done give it a watch and subscribe if your so inclined!

I'm going to beat every game for the console including every one with an actual ending, beating the CPU at sports games, and seeing every screen on the endless arcade games!  Retail games, homebrew games, hacks of existing games, whatever I can get my hands on!

As I play through the games I talk a bit about how to beat them and also talk about who developed and published the game.  Any feedback and criticism is appreciated as I'm slowly trying to make each video better.  I also have some different things in the works for the channel coming soon. 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Silver Back said:

Hey guys I just completed my 3rd episode of Man vs 7800 over on YouTube.  This time I took on Double Dragon, but I've also completed Tower Toppler and Midnight Mutants!  If your interested in seeing how it's done give it a watch and subscribe if your so inclined!

I'm going to beat every game for the console including every one with an actual ending, beating the CPU at sports games, and seeing every screen on the endless arcade games!  Retail games, homebrew games, hacks of existing games, whatever I can get my hands on!

As I play through the games I talk a bit about how to beat them and also talk about who developed and published the game.  Any feedback and criticism is appreciated as I'm slowly trying to make each video better.  I also have some different things in the works for the channel coming soon. 

Perhaps you could post this also on my thread about how many 7800-titles anyone here, have beaten, as it certainly would be of interest to people there, wanting to use watch and learn to beat games themselves…?

I have gotten to Dr. Evil 5 times on Midnight Mutants, I can reliably beat the whole game without much trouble getting to him but I just run out of health killing him every time. I have come very close to killing him but have never quite managed it.

Going to watch your playthrough in a bit to see if there is some secret tech I don’t know to take him down.

Overall I quite like midnight mutants, I just wish there were more potions throughout the game so you wouldn’t have to play so dang cautiously. The caves are nerve wracking every time because of how much damage everything in there does and a lot of the gameplay there and elsewhere ends up being hiding at the edge of the screen spamming shots at a strange angle hoping the ai bumbles around instead of just rushing you.

2 hours ago, Lord_of_Sipan said:

I have gotten to Dr. Evil 5 times on Midnight Mutants, I can reliably beat the whole game without much trouble getting to him but I just run out of health killing him every time. I have come very close to killing him but have never quite managed it.

Going to watch your playthrough in a bit to see if there is some secret tech I don’t know to take him down.

Overall I quite like midnight mutants, I just wish there were more potions throughout the game so you wouldn’t have to play so dang cautiously. The caves are nerve wracking every time because of how much damage everything in there does and a lot of the gameplay there and elsewhere ends up being hiding at the edge of the screen spamming shots at a strange angle hoping the ai bumbles around instead of just rushing you.

When it comes to Dr evil you need to really focus on avoiding his bugs and try to keep a health potion for the battle.  It's not easy by any means.   Try to get as many health crystals as you can, there's more than I got even so you can enter the fight with a massive life bar.   Overall it's a little timing and a whole lot of luck when it comes to beating him. 

The caves are the toughest area of the game.  I try to avoid the green monsters until I get the super blaster.   Hope my video and comment helped you a little and good luck!  You got this!

2 hours ago, Lord_of_Sipan said:

Overall I quite like midnight mutants, I just wish there were more potions throughout the game so you wouldn’t have to play so dang cautiously.

There are 6 health potions in the game.  There is also the "Well of Wellness" that completely restores health.

Diamonds both max out and increase max life.   There are 13 diamonds that can be acquired.

Only 3 blood potions exists.  However, once the Mystic Heart is acquired, blood remains constantly pure always.

You may be interested in the supplement from this thread:

22 hours ago, Giles N said:

Perhaps you could post this also on my thread about how many 7800-titles anyone here, have beaten, as it certainly would be of interest to people there, wanting to use watch and learn to beat games themselves…?

I'll continue to post over there I was just being a bit selfish and trying to get some eyes on my channel.   I've beaten quite a few more but I want to wait for the videos to talk about them...

Yeah, actually when you think about how many crystals and health potions there are it is fine. My issue is more with blood contamination I guess and how you get the mystic heart at the very end of the game pretty much. I mean after you have killed the first 2 bosses and cleared the cave for the super blaster all you need to do really is make your way to doctor evil or pick up any crystals you missed for more max health.

9 hours ago, gorfcadet said:

Impossible Mission and Karateka are ones I want to see.  When I reviewed Karateka I was absolutely ready to smash it with a hammer before I was done.  Doesn't Impossible Mission have a glitch that makes beating a retail copy literally impossible?

I've been trying to beat Karateka and haven't been successful yet.   But I'm going to do it!  I haven't tried impossible Mission yet, but there is indeed a glitch that makes the NTSC release impossible.   I'm going to use the fixed version for my playthrough (pal ROM that has been made to run on NTSC televisions). 

• Like 2

On 8/1/2023 at 7:45 PM, NIKON said:

and the ending was soooo not worth the effort

If the project is to beat every game, just to beat every game… then I guess ending as such wouldn’t really matter: such playthroughs are for others who either are curious to learn the tricks of the gameplay, or just want to sit back and watch out of curiosity.

I watched ThunderCats play-through for C64 once.

When I had it, it was like, man how curious I was about how the entire game played and looked…

…and it was really nice to have playthrough to finally get to see it, even if I have not the slightest incliniation to use C64 emulation and beat it myself.

It’s just something to that thing of having complete playthroughs available, that’s worthwhile in itself.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NIKON said:

I truly apologize if I offended anyone with my words.

it is my opinion of the game..maybe I not type them.

Again I apologize

NIKON

I wasn't offended and I think your opinions valid.   The ending is essentially the reward for playing the game so a bad one is definitely a let down.   

@Trebor I have a complete version of Karateka and I never thought to open the manual or look up if the difficulty switches affected the game.   Thanks for the heads up!  

Also a new episode is up on the YouTube channel, this time I conquered ninja Golf!

Nice job! The second to last level of ninja golf is rough with all the water. I actually think the last level isn’t that bad since rough and woods are not that terrible to deal with as long as you keep moving. I will admit to never beating the last dragon :( mostly because I reached him with very little life left because of an unfortunate hang up on a shark just before reaching the island at the end.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1