IGNORED

Imagewriter II fonts?

newTIboyRob

So on the Imagewriter 2, there are those 3 basic settings on the machine itself. (After unhighlighting the SELECT button) you hit the PRINT QUALITY button and your options are the 1st print quality, which I'd guess you'd call Draft, the 2nd choice is a little darker, and the 3rd full bar full is NLQ.

But those are quality options, which in essence is darkness.

I am wondering, was there a way to send different printer control codes within a basic program to the printer itself, to get a little variety with the printouts as far as different character styles?  E.g. double wide, condensed, even script?  etc.

If anyone has a list of those codes, if there is such a thing, I would love the link. Also, would the programmer simply just type those codes within the lines of the basic program or how was it achieved?  Maybe even there was another way to communicate those changes to the printer?

This would be cool.

Go to this website: https://mirrors.apple2.org.za/ftp.apple.asimov.net/documentation/hardware/printers/Apple ImageWriter II Technical Reference Manual.pdf

and download the pdf of the Imagewriter II Reference Manual. Chapter 4 discusses fonts. Here is the text from the start of the chapter:

This chapter also provides programming examples in both Applesoft BASIC
and Macintosh Pascal for most of the commands. If you need to use these
commands with other languages or applications, see the Writing Programs
section in Chapter 1