IGNORED

Season 14 ~ Weeks 15/16 ~ Homebrews!

Vocelli

14 minutes ago, Atarian7 said:

I didn't realize in Elevators Amiss that pushing the fire button makes you run faster.   But it should only be used when absolutely necessary because it runs the timer down really fast.

How is there only one button and I failed to press it????

Thanks, gotta try that one again

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Jasonhrb said:

Big improvements for amoeba jump and elevators amiss. The run button makes a massive difference around what is possible.

Wow! It made an improvement for me but not that much!

I haven't tried Lucky Chase yet but I am loving Amoeba Jump. Very addictive and, as others have said, one of those "just one more try" games. On the other hand I am not enjoying Elevators Amiss much. I find it irritating when I'm almost all the way across and I hit an elevator and get nothing for my progress. Also, it seems to get a bit easier at higher levels when you get the really slow elevators though there is also a lot of luck involved with the elevator speed and timing. A lot of people have mentioned the music and while I appreciate the challenge of in-game music for an Atari game this is definitely a game I'll play with the sound off.

amoeba.jpg

elevators.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Big jump in AJ and EA! No improvement on LC, whose enemies are way too smart haha. 

Amoeba Jump - 5,065

07E9EEEA-4A2A-423A-88C9-C1FD6666768A.thumb.jpeg.2964613bd8d9a529daa70c9860b8121b.jpeg

Spelling out Amoeba is fun. Good challenge, but I wouldn’t say no to a novice version with lives. 

Elevators Amiss - 4,621

50199DDB-7E99-4112-9B09-142EE432FE69.thumb.jpeg.12dbd28970c85b452cdd542b7a691af6.jpeg

Got to what I’m calling the burger stage lol. The game has definitely grown on me. I figured out the running when I first played on Sunday, but completely forgot about it when I played today, haha. I was pretty happy with this score increase, so maybe I’ll do even better when Amelia Bedelia here remembers she can run 😆

• Like 2

Played a BUNCH more of Amoeba Jump and eventually wound up on this wonderful run! I've found that taking it really s l o w and methodically after you get pretty far is the key. I took multiple pauses, took my hands off the keyboard and gave myself time to loosen the tension before I'd go and jump just a little bit higher. Yeah, it's a slow method, but it seems to work :D 

AMOEBA JUMP: 18834

Amoeba jump 18834.png

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Snowbound1996 said:

Played a BUNCH more of Amoeba Jump and eventually wound up on this wonderful run! I've found that taking it really s l o w and methodically after you get pretty far is the key. I took multiple pauses, took my hands off the keyboard and gave myself time to loosen the tension before I'd go and jump just a little bit higher. Yeah, it's a slow method, but it seems to work :D 

AMOEBA JUMP: 18834

Amoeba jump 18834.png

Pausing isn't high scoring...

:(

1 minute ago, Rogerpoco said:

Pausing isn't high scoring...

:(

I'm not actually pausing the gameplay or anything, I just have my character hop in place somewhere safe for 10-20 seconds now and then to steady my hands when I get too tensed up haha. 

I'd be very surprised if the 30k+ score by MrCallister had zero brief stops along the way.

• Like 1