IGNORED

Imaging Atari Hard Drives?

Larry

I have several small CF cards and small laptop drives that are bootable for the Black Box, MIO, etc.  Is there a way that I can make file images (raw images) of these devices?  I can't see a way with Win10 or Win11 -- they apparently want to backup a Windows system disk.  Is there other software?  Traditional Windows Backup software produces fragmented images which won't work.  This would be something either old and for CF cards used for cameras, I'd think.  Any ideas?

Native Windows applications will generally either not handle non Win type parition setups well or not at all.

There's HDDRawCopy  and it has a portable (non-installed) version.

I used to use it to initialize a HDD to use on PS2.  The interface is a bit primitive so you need to be careful when selecting what to do.

Fairly sure it does compression when doing sector copy.

11 hours ago, kheller2 said:

Linux and MacOS

That's because they are "proper" operating systems, I know from experience that Unix (Linux) has always had the tools

to do the most complex backup/restore regimes built into them. Obviously MacOS took a lesson that Windoze couldn't see,

like a lot of Windoze tools (or lack of) there's never much thought about people who really use their OS's.

• Like 1