IGNORED

Dead Retro6 membrane after 1 month?

Agent21

So I have a dead retro 6 membrane, power switch no longer works, out of no where. Anyone else have this? I can still power on the system with 5v to the cap so it is fine. System has a new style LCD in it (some chinese one) so I have removed most of the 9v lcd circuit but the rest of the system is there. I have not tried the 5v to cap and run a game yet to see if the other buttons are bad yet.

1 hour ago, Agent21 said:

So I have a dead retro 6 membrane, power switch no longer works, out of no where. Anyone else have this? I can still power on the system with 5v to the cap so it is fine. System has a new style LCD in it (some chinese one) so I have removed most of the 9v lcd circuit but the rest of the system is there. I have not tried the 5v to cap and run a game yet to see if the other buttons are bad yet.

I think I've only installed one of the retrosix replacements into a Lynx II but that last year sometime and I've not heard of anything from that client. I do have several more still on hand that I got from Retrosix directly when they were first offered. 

Got another membrane and it works fine for a bit. If you leave the console to sit after play it won't power back on after a few hours. If you remove the batteries for a few hours and let it sit without them, then reinstall after a few hours, it will power on again. Looks like some sort of capacitor issues. Gonna try a console 5 kit on it.