IGNORED

group of multiple line deletion in a basic program

newTIboyRob

I just wanted to make sure I am not missing something here. Let's say in a basic program you have 30 lines that you decide you need to take out for a big section of the program, line #'s 100-390. One way I know that works is to just type each line # in and hit enter. But since there are quite a few, 30 entries, I'm just wondering if Applesoft basic has a quicker way to remove that group of 30 lines in one command, without doing each one individually like that?

I have tried all of the following to no avail: 100-390 {enter},  DELETE 100-390 {enter} , DELETE LINES 100-390 {enter} .. all SYNTAX ERROR

No quicker and easier way to do this for a program in basic?  

OhhI was so close!  Instead of the - it was a comma. Luckily I was able to find the Apple 2 c User's Guide book in the last box I was searching in the cellar. I also found The Creative Apple And A Guide To Programming in Applesoft, which I've been finding especially useful (the latter book didn't mention the DEL concept Groot.)  And then there is the green and white covered old Applesoft manual.

Yes, I know DELETE then the filename deletes the actual file.

Any other books stick out in your mind to be especially good like the above?  I really like programs that do with small business, like sequential files with clients and the like, which the Guide To Programming In Applesoft has.

On 8/15/2023 at 9:26 PM, Casey said:

Commodore BASIC 7.0 in the 128 uses DELETE like this, presumably because the file deletion command is SCRATCH.  But it is probably an outlier...

I honestly feel I missed out on a lot by not programming in BASIC 7.0.  I used several wedges for BASIC 2 which added some of the DOS commands and F-keys, but then came JiffyDOS.