IGNORED

Backbit Pro and JZINTV Bin+Cfg Games

Hoping someone can help me out here.  I have the JZINTV emu (latest one is 2009 or 2011, depending on the .exe I download from the official site), and I'm trying to get the newer .bin + .cfg games working.  I've tried different resolutions, full screen, no audio enabled.  It seems like they are running, according to the prompt but I just get a black screen.  Some bin+cfg games do work and all .rom games work.  

I have the grom, exec, ecs bins from the Inty Rocks disc.  Ivoice.bin I got from Nostalgia emu.  

In talking with Intellivision Collector, it seems like the problem games are all JLP formatted images?  

FWIW, I tried these on my Backbit Pro with latest firmware and I can't get bin+cfg to work on that either.  

Thanks in advance.  

2009-2011 sounds like a very old version. I have jzintv 1.0 dated 2018, and there seems to exist a version from 2020. In a command prompt, type jzintv --help to get both version number and all flags available. I would assume the CFG files have the correct flags set, otherwise you could use -J3 or something like that to enable JLP with acceleration, RAM and Flash storage.

56 minutes ago, CharChar2001 said:

FWIW, I tried these on my Backbit Pro with latest firmware and I can't get bin+cfg to work on that either.  

Backbit Pro can only run some 

Bin files without converting them. They either need to run through Bin2Rom or Bin2ecs and set the -j flag with the command line. 

15 hours ago, IntellivisionDude said:

Backbit Pro can only run some 

Bin files without converting them. They either need to run through Bin2Rom or Bin2ecs and set the -j flag with the command line. 

Thanks, I'll give them a try and hopefully between the jzintv and backbit it will cover them.  

Where can I get the bin2ecs ?  not seeing that in the spatula city site or in the jzintv download.  

11 minutes ago, CharChar2001 said:

Thanks, I'll give them a try and hopefully between the jzintv and backbit it will cover them.  

Where can I get the bin2ecs ?  not seeing that in the spatula city site or in the jzintv download.  

The .ecs format is proprietary and used only by Backbit Pro (no emulators use this format currently).

A quick google search shows that bin2ecs can be found here:  https://github.com/evietron/BackBit-Convert 

Let us know if you figure it out. I can assure you that the files I distribute are working fine with jzintv and LTO Flash as I try them out myself prior to posting. I can’t help you with Backbit stuff as I don’t have one or dabble in it.  

keep us posted, this post may also help others who can’t get some of the newer rom files to work.