IGNORED

Missing graphics?

KrunchyTC

17 hours ago, KrunchyTC said:

I noticed a missing background layer, which is very odd. The left is obviously the cart video output, and the right is straight out of the console through RF.

Can you provide me a save state where this issue occurs?

I'm having a play but haven't found it, and I look to be in a similar place.

1 hour ago, SainT said:

Can you provide me a save state where this issue occurs?

I'm having a play but haven't found it, and I look to be in a similar place.

It is the start of Level 1 Round 5. 

A life needs to be lost though, at the beginning of the round, in order for a gem to be present to (re)acquire:

image.thumb.png.a3372a372e97d44df806c3677eb8f0b0.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Muddyfunster said:

I think that there was a similar case on Ninja Golf with a missing background element

https://www.facebook.com/groups/29814905254/?hoisted_section_header_type=recently_seen&multi_permalinks=10160641811560255

Might not be related but thought it wise to mention it.

Unrelated.

As far as I know that's just an incorrect ROM header (although I may be wrong), the guy contacted me on Twitter and I mentioned this but I've not had a response on if he's using the latest Trebor pack.

Ninja Golf is working just fine on my NTSC machine.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, KrunchyTC said:

I noticed a missing background layer, which is very odd. The left is obviously the cart video output, and the right is straight out of the console through RF.

IMG_20230817_122653269.thumb.jpg.1fe7a4104c3d342c3e3a6a30d1e9cad1.jpgIMG_20230817_122717424.thumb.jpg.9ec009f39702233adc1fd314e8ec087f.jpg

What cable are you using for your 7800GD AV out that is on the left?

44 minutes ago, Muddyfunster said:

Could it be the dark hues getting crushed due to the cable?

I'll check in mine in a bit.

This is my thought. I do know that while I did state that the Hyperkin genesis to HDMI cable works and it does, it also crushes quite a few of the darker hues and they simply just don't seem to get shown on screen. I mainly noticed it with Knight Guy as all of the background details were essentially just not being shown, but when I plugged in my s-video output, it was all there as expected. I didn't plug in my Rad2x when I noticed this but I should have now that I'm thinking about all of this...

Again, I'm just asking questions here...

2 hours ago, Trebor said:

It is the start of Level 1 Round 5. 

A life needs to be lost though, at the beginning of the round, in order for a gem to be present to (re)acquire:

image.thumb.png.a3372a372e97d44df806c3677eb8f0b0.png

I've got there, it looks exactly like that image both through composite and RGB AV out. Ah, PAL or NTSC? I'm testing NTSC.

38 minutes ago, SainT said:

And also try turning the brightness way up or something with component, as there is definitely no missing graphics for me. Could well be your component cable is somehow wiping out the lower end colours.

You are correct, I had the brightness way down, I forgot that I had turned it down so much. I thought that the brightness of the component output matched the RF output. My mistake!

image.thumb.jpeg.3f127cb2d065d97902351a2660099faa.jpeg

Edited by KrunchyTC
  • Like 3