IGNORED

Best Lynx Game Box Art?

Robert M

Let's see.... BattleWheels cover is too heavy on the airbrush. Super Asteroids/Missle Command is pretty nice. Shadow of the Beast has that great Psygnosis look that made their games stand out. Xenophobe and Zybots are good too. Of course, there's always Mailbu Bikini Volleyball.... :D

It's hard to pick one. I agree with SteveW. BattleWheels, Super Asteroids/Missle Command, Xenophobe and Shadow of the Beast have all very good looking covers. I also like the box art for Dracula and Viking Child (I think this is my favourite).

Post-Atari releases of course have different quality of packing/box/box art. The only thing I don't like about the Songbird games is the box art or lack of it. Ponx, Lexis, Remnant all had the same boring type of box. :( Championship Rally box was much better looking. :) But then with CyberVirus it was back to the old type again. I hope future Songbird games will have box art with some more fantasy put in to it, a drawing, not just screen shots.

Sure, the inside is what counts. But the outside is a big part of a game. The box, manual etc is like 30-40% of the game I think. It's part of the games charm. Its important to look at your game, to hold it, touch it and maybe even smell it ;) All this and a nice game box helps you to love your game and to take good care of it. Of course a cool looking box also helps to attract buyers.