IGNORED

TROOPER joystick parts? Are there any replacement parts?

NewKillerAmerica

Hey gang- my buddy who gets super into River Raid broke the stick off my Trooper joystick last night.  Snapped it right off at the base.  I was able to unthread the rest of it from the center, does anyone know if I can use an OEM Atari joystick stick to replace it, or if there are any TROOPER parts available out there?  Obviously gluing it back together isn't an option.

TIA!!

1.jpg

• Like 1

Unless you get lucky and someone here has one that has suffered a different failure and was holding on to it for parts, your best bet might be to contact Hyperkin support. I wouldn't hold your breath that they'll help or even respond, but you never know until you try.

Their e-mail address is support@hyperkin.com.

• Like 1

On 8/28/2023 at 1:52 PM, NewKillerAmerica said:

Hey gang- my buddy who gets super into River Raid broke the stick off my Trooper joystick last night.  Snapped it right off at the base.  I was able to unthread the rest of it from the center, does anyone know if I can use an OEM Atari joystick stick to replace it, or if there are any TROOPER parts available out there?  Obviously gluing it back together isn't an option.

TIA!!

1.jpg

Had the same thing happen to me long ago.   I love the joystick design but feel that this is a flaw that will keep it from being a better replacement.  

Any flashback or hyperkin "CX40 style" I've ever got a hold of; gets a fat drop of glue in the hole.  Knock on wood; haven't had any break (yet).  The FB sticks don't get much use though, lol.  But they are cheap; have somebody check to see if they are interchangeable?  I'd check mine, sir - but they are glued.

That Hyperkin Ranger is pretty much my fav.

• 3 weeks later...

I modified my Atgames sticks by tapping the hole, applying a generous amount of glue, and then I screwed in a bolt that is long enough to pass into the body of the stick.

I cut off the head of the bolt, and filed it flat.

The Troopers that I have don't have a ready hole, so they'd have to be drilled first.

atgames-stick-mod-102_0326.JPG