IGNORED

In search of sonething to help with my Double Tapped Virtual Boy

tripletopper

Hello I did some interesting tests over the past week and this is what I found.

When I went from VGA to composite, and use the composite merger box to merge between the left eye and right eye of the virtual boy so hopefully make an anaglyph pair, I noticed in the game which is most dependent on timing Galactic pinball that I was always flipping late and had to anticipate and every time I had to react instantly,  I died.

So now I have to figure out where the ping is.

What I did a VGA straight to HDMI transfer (and obviously monocular transfer) the timing seemed right what I went straight that way.  So that eliminates paying on my VGA to HDMI converter.

But I decided to play Nintendo Oinball through the video processor through the composite video and guess what my timing was close enough where Pinball played with relatively no lag.

I know I don't need microsecond accuracy like I do with light guns, just millisecond accuracy to not interfere with normal video game play.

So probably the cheapest and easiest way to fix this is to find such a thing as a one millisecond or less VGA to composite conversion box.

A better thing would probably be to get either an HDMI or VGA editor a video that could do overlays and overlay the red and black on the cyan and black and make an antaglyph 3D Live presentation of the Virtual Boy.

What editors could do overlaid video where half the intensity to each picture in as little as one millisecond or less, sort of like my video analog video box editor for my composite video which lets me play Nintendo NES on it with no ping problems.

I assume because VGA is an analog form of RGB that it might help if I could get it into a form that could directly combine the red of the left eye and the green and blue of the right eye.

So probably the easiest thing to look for is a VGA to composite converter that's low paying and the next easiest thing would be a VGA or HDMI editing box that could do simple RGB edition or half and half intensity of each picture to keep the high quality of VGA while blending the 2 and not be behind.

I would blend them inside OBS however the ping time is too slow at about a quarter second to play the game through OBS live.

Any suggestions?

By the way since Virtual Boy didn't have its own separate category, is classic gaming considered a correct category for this post?