IGNORED

New to the forums

Davidvision

Hello all.   Like many, I came across the forum while looking for advice on how to fix my console.  

We got it back in 1980, and had 28 of the basic 55 cartidges plus 4 non Mattel ones.  When my folks cleaned out their basement recently I got them all.

I had ordered a RF connector, and picked up a lot of 30 games which game me another 10 Mattels that I needed, and 2 Imagics. Then I found a Masters of the Universe online (with the comic).  

When the connector arrived, I was gutted to find out that our console wasn't working.  In fact, it seems it had been in to the repair shop and been picked up, missing four of the case screws.  Following the videos and advice here, I picked up some solder braid but before I could delve too deep, I followed the most common advice and picked up another console for $30.  It seems to work fine except for the reset button.

Out today, I picked up another two carts, Frogger, and Atlantis, CIB as well as a loose Activision Pac-Man.

I've been working from the back of the forum, up to page 60.  It seems like a good group.

I'm glad to have found you.

Edited by Davidvision
typo
  • Like 12

2 hours ago, Davidvision said:

Hello all.   Like many, I came across the forum while looking for advice on how to fix my console.  

We got it back in 1980, and had 28 of the basic 55 cartidges plus 4 non Mattel ones.  When my folks cleaned out their basement recently I got them all.

I had ordered a RF connector, and picked up a lot of 30 games which game me another 10 Mattels that I needed, and 2 Imagics. Then I found a Masters of the Universe online (with the comic).  

When the connector arrived, I was gutted to find out that our console wasn't working.  In fact, it seems it had been in to the repair shop and been picked up, missing four of the case screws.  Following the videos and advice here, I picked up some solder braid but before I could delve too deep, I followed the most common advice and picked up another console for $30.  It seems to work fine except for the reset button.

Out today, I picked up another two carts, Frogger, and Atlantis, CIB as well as a loose Activision Pac-Man.

I've been working from the back of the forum, up to page 60.  It seems like a good group.

Welcome! I think you will find a fun group of likeminded nerds. Feel free to ask as many questions as you need to and don't be afraid to ask for help filling out your collection as many of us on here have tons of extras and would be happy to help someone new get the games you need/want.

Just watch out for Rev. I've said too much....

• Like 3

5 hours ago, cmart604 said:

to ask for help filling out your collection as many of us on here have tons of extras and would be happy to help someone new get the games you need/want.

Fantastic news Cris!🤠🤠🤠

Please ship me one Super Cobra FC and one Super Series!👌👌👌

I would like to fill those two little holes in my humble collection…😎😎😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Morpheus said:

Fantastic news Cris!🤠🤠🤠

This is a good point.  I'll send you my list Mr Mart sir.  No worries, I'll pay for shipping.  It's only around 14 games.  Golly gee this is swell.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Sinjinhawke said:

This is a good point.  I'll send you my list Mr Mart sir.  No worries, I'll pay for shipping.  It's only around 14 games.  Golly gee this is swell.

Oh!

I forgot the Pinball Digiplay !!!

Hope it’s not in your 14…

Please add it to my parcel Mr. Mart.

And thanks, u’re really a good boy!!!🤠🤣🙏

David, u see how easy it is to collect Intellivision?🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Davidvision said:

Welcome!  There's lots of good stuff to be found in this forum, and plenty of friendly fellows willing to help and share the love for our favorite console.

And I would be remiss were I not to mention two awesome sub-fora:

The first one is mostly for nerds who like doing things the hard way -- so in the off chance that you're a freak like us, head on to the Programming Forum.  I promise we don't bite.

And if playing Intellivision games is your poison of choice, then make sure to visit the High-Score Club for a bit of friendly competition.  There's always something going on in the High-Score Club, and God knows we can all spend more time playing.

See you around!

-dZ.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Morpheus said:

Fantastic news Cris!🤠🤠🤠

I think it's high time that a certain couple of people who have seven (!) FC Super Cobras between them each auction one off. 😁

• Haha 1

Right now the 125 is right off the board for me, unless I hit the numbers.

I'm working away at the finishing the original 55 Mattel cartridges CIB.

Depending on what comes in the lots that I need to this, I may work at completing the 96 (up to 1983 excluding the ECS 6, skipping the Dextell 2, and the INTV 21).  Even this would probably be the 95 as Congo Bongo seems to be easy to omit, being very expensive for what doesn't look like a fun game.

I just started plinking away at this.  So I'm not dispirited yet.  My current 16 that I am working away for the next year are:

ABPA Backgammon

Checkers

The Electric Company Math Fun

NHL Hockey 

PGA Golf

Horse Racing

Las Vegas Roulette

Frog Bog

Shark! Shark!

Tron: Solar Sailor

Bump 'n' Jump

Buzz Bombers

Kool-Aid Man

Loco Motion

Motocross

Pinball

In the lots, I'm hoping to upgrade my Boxing rulebook, the B-17 Bomber box, and pick up a replacement overlay for MLB Baseball, and Triple Action.  As well as pick up an Atarisoft box and rules to go  with the Pac-Man cart I just picked up.

The next set is broken up in nice, bite-size chunks, allowing one to complete mini sets as you go.  From these sets, I am mainly looking for:

Happy Trails

maybe Centipede (at which point I might as well get Defender to complete the Atarisofts, even though it was never really my game)

Mouse Trap and Donkey Kong Jr. (at which point I might as well get Turbo, Venture, and Zaxxon to complete the Coleco set)

Microsurgeon

Swords & Serpents

possibly Dracula and Truckin'

Q*bert

and Star Wars ESB - which doesn't seem all that good but, it's Star Wars.

There is a collectible store in the city that has some of these.  They even have the two Interphase games as carts only though. 

I'll keep you updated.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Davidvision said:

Right now the 125 is right off the board for me, unless I hit the numbers.

I'm working away at the finishing the original 55 Mattel cartridges CIB.

Depending on what comes in the lots that I need to this, I may work at completing the 96 (up to 1983 excluding the ECS 6, skipping the Dextell 2, and the INTV 21).  Even this would probably be the 95 as Congo Bongo seems to be easy to omit, being very expensive for what doesn't look like a fun game.

I just started plinking away at this.  So I'm not dispirited yet.  My current 16 that I am working away for the next year are:

ABPA Backgammon

Checkers

The Electric Company Math Fun

NHL Hockey 

PGA Golf

Horse Racing

Las Vegas Roulette

Frog Bog

Shark! Shark!

Tron: Solar Sailor

Bump 'n' Jump

Buzz Bombers

Kool-Aid Man

Loco Motion

Motocross

Pinball

In the lots, I'm hoping to upgrade my Boxing rulebook, the B-17 Bomber box, and pick up a replacement overlay for MLB Baseball, and Triple Action.  As well as pick up an Atarisoft box and rules to go  with the Pac-Man cart I just picked up.

The next set is broken up in nice, bite-size chunks, allowing one to complete mini sets as you go.  From these sets, I am mainly looking for:

Happy Trails

maybe Centipede (at which point I might as well get Defender to complete the Atarisofts, even though it was never really my game)

Mouse Trap and Donkey Kong Jr. (at which point I might as well get Turbo, Venture, and Zaxxon to complete the Coleco set)

Microsurgeon

Swords & Serpents

possibly Dracula and Truckin'

Q*bert

and Star Wars ESB - which doesn't seem all that good but, it's Star Wars.

There is a collectible store in the city that has some of these.  They even have the two Interphase games as carts only though. 

I'll keep you updated.

3 hours ago, Kamikazi26 said:

I have quite a few of your wanted list above that I would sell at a discounted rate to help you out. Private message me. I am the owner/operator of www.intellivisioncollector.com. 

As Luc mentioned lots of these are pretty easy to tick off the list at very reasonable prices, and you're in Canada so no duty involved. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kamikazi26 said:

I have quite a few of your wanted list above that I would sell at a discounted rate to help you out. Private message me. I am the owner/operator of www.intellivisioncollector.com. 

I've already had your site bookmarked.

I will have to get a hold of you.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2023 at 10:27 PM, Kamikazi26 said:

On 9/3/2023 at 11:46 PM, Omnibro said:

I have some as well.   Message me what you're looking for and I'm sure I can help you out with something for a more than decent price.

Messages sent.

• Like 1