IGNORED

Quick question about long filenames on Harmony Encore

Sceptre_JLRB

Hi there,

Just ordered one of these awesome Harmony Encore cartridges and was preparing my ROM files to be copied to the SD card. AFAIK, Harmony menu shows the first 23 characters of the file/folder name, but by holding the fire button on a menu entry, be it a folder or a ROM file, the complete filename is shown. Is this right?

So in this case, my main question is: Is the whole long filename shown in a displacing marquee? And more importantly, is there any character length limit for filenames or otherwise they can be as long as it's allowed by Windows (or your computer OS)?

Thank you very much in advance for your help!

1 hour ago, Sceptre_JLRB said:

by holding the fire button on a menu entry, be it a folder or a ROM file, the complete filename is shown. Is this right?

Yes.

1 hour ago, Sceptre_JLRB said:

So in this case, my main question is: Is the whole long filename shown in a displacing marquee? And more importantly, is there any character length limit for filenames or otherwise they can be as long as it's allowed by Windows (or your computer OS)?

The filename is displayed in an extra screen, so fullscreen. IIRC 240 chars are allowed.

Edited by Thomas Jentzsch
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

Yes.

The filename is displayed in an extra screen, so fullscreen. IIRC 240 chars are allowed.

Perfect! So I'll be able to use my extra-long, hyper-informative filenames, as I'm used to do, in order to explore different game versions obtaining as much information as possible from them! 🙂

Thank you very much, Thomas, for you prompt and precise answer. 👍