IGNORED

Tempest 3000 anyone?

Marble1MC

Dear AtariAge,

I am a representative of the NUON-Dome community, a community which is passionate about the NUON hardware and its games, especially its flagship title, Tempest 3000.

Tempest 3000 has been largely neglected along with the NUON hardware its whole life, selling only 20,000 copies, and the copies still out in the wild can sell for more than the NUON hardware itself. Also, the game cannot be run on an emulator. At least, not without some issues. The game’s glorious soundtrack, which is really impressive, simply does not work with the game’s only emulator, and the hardware itself is hard to come by.

So, now I ask you. Atari, can you please release a compilation of all the NUON titles. Can you please commission either:

a) A remake of Tempest 3000 for modern platforms

b) An emulation of Tempest 3000 for your next big history compilation

I hope you will take this into consideration. Thanks.

IMG_1696.jpeg

IMG_1698.webp

IMG_1697.webp

IMG_1699.webp

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

I’ll take your word for it, I sold off my Samsung N501 and Tempest 3000 during the COVID pandemic. 😷 But I look forward to learning more about emulator compatibility for the game. It’s an uphill battle since the fanbase is obviously small. 

I got like 5 NUONs if you want to buy it back.  You know you want it!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Flojomojo said:

I’ll take your word for it, I sold off my Samsung N501 and Tempest 3000 during the COVID pandemic. 😷 But I look forward to learning more about emulator compatibility for the game. It’s an uphill battle since the fanbase is obviously small. 

Definitely. Our only emulator, the Nuance emulator, is pretty buggy and broken, especially when it comes to running Tempest 3000. The game will boot, but if music is not disabled, it will lock up after a certain point. This is why we need something official done by Atari, as they have the resources to actually get a project like this commissioned and ready.