IGNORED

AA sold to Atari

ZillaRUSH

59 minutes ago, Albert said:

No changes are going to be made to the AtariAge forum, and I will continue to run it now as has been in the past.

..Al

This point is probably the most significant to the majority of us.  These forums are sacred and hallowed cyberground of video gaming.  Puts my mind at ease a little......now I can resume worrying about the Detroit Lions looking bad tonight.

Repeats to self........"These aren't the Same Old Lions.  These aren't the Same Old Lions.  These aren't the Same....."

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Al,has the possibility been raised about a small monthly or yearly fee for membership?

I'm asking because if Atari paid even a small amount to purchase Atariage they will probably like a return on their investment. 

Or hopefully they will also use the site to sell Atari merchandise to recoup whatever they put in.

20 minutes ago, TeddyBear89 said:

This point is probably the most significant to the majority of us.  These forums are sacred and hallowed cyberground of video gaming.  Puts my mind at ease a little......now I can resume worrying about the Detroit Lions looking bad tonight.

Repeats to self........"These aren't the Same Old Lions.  These aren't the Same Old Lions.  These aren't the Same....."

I'm a Leafs fan.  All I know is pain.  Last time they won it all there were no video games, no personal computers, no internet.

I have no dog in the fight for the NFL so I will say "Go Lions Go!"

• Like 2

Just now, wolfy62 said:

Al,has the possibility been raised about a small monthly or yearly fee for membership?

I'm asking because if Atari paid even a small amount to purchase Atariage they will probably like a return on their investment. 

Or hopefully they will also use the site to sell Atari merchandise to recoup whatever they put in.

I don't want to impose a mandatory subscription fee to people visiting and interacting with the forums.  There's already a way to subscribe to the forum on a monthly or yearly basis, which gives you some benefits, such as a larger PM inbox.  But I don't want to wall off the forum or any important functionality in the forum behind a subscription.

..Al

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TeddyBear89 said:

If you could have them toss a couple of touchdowns to Sam LaPorta tonight, that would be great!

6 hours ago, Albert said:

No changes are going to be made to the AtariAge forum, and I will continue to run it now as has been in the past.

..Al

Congratulations on your new position as well. I just got here a few months ago or so but this is an awesome place to talk about retro gaming, lots of good people here.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ZillaRUSH said:

With Atari now owning AA...we all know how big corporations work.  We need to form an IntelliAge forum somewhere.  

It's ok, I'll let you guys have a subsection on the new, upcoming AquariAge Forums.

In all seriousness, congratulations to you Al! Looks like a big step for AtariAge, a site I value greatly. I look forward to many more years talking on here.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, First Spear said:

I came running here to post this up, of course it's already a thread. :) Al, congrats and good luck, they wouldn't have come to you if this community had to value.

Maybe it's time for an Intellivisionaries interview? @Rick Reynolds

Yeah, I'm open to doing interviews once things calm down for me a bit.  :)

..Al

• Like 2

18 hours ago, TeddyBear89 said:

The Lions won!!!! :P 

Hey if I recall you are a big Happy Trails guy. Please feel free to check out our Workshop for Happy Trails going on right now.... We could use some of your gaming pointers..... 👍

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ZillaRUSH said:

With Atari now owning AA...we all know how big corporations work.  We need to form an IntelliAge forum somewhere.  

20 hours ago, Albert said:

..Al

@Albert Did you let the old IntellivisionAge.com expire?

Do you still own it?

I recall it pointing here:

On 12/9/2014 at 5:54 AM, Albert said:

IntellivisionAge.com already points to AtariAge.com. The top news on the front page is for a contest based on an Intellivision homebrew game. :)

I'd be glad to create additional Intellivision forums down the road if the need warrants.

..Al

But I did find this one the Wayback Machine:

image.thumb.png.d042e35f8bc8b04e2a639e920792f7f1.png