IGNORED

Adventure vision

CreeB

I think this is the one.. the game system that played everything in red with a flipping screen.. my friend had that one and we played TURTLES (no relation to tmnt) and it felt like i was watching a magic show.. nowadays it's like the Eighties virtual boy.. 

We need a dedicated forum section for this thing.. it's up there with the vectrex and bally astrocade..

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/8/2023 at 10:06 PM, CreeB said:

I think this is the one.. tWe need a dedicated forum section for this thing.. it's up there with the vectrex and bally astrocade..

Okay, I’ll bite. Why do we need a dedicated forum for a system with total of four games, of which there are likely fewer than a thousand working units and possibly fewer than a hundred?

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Minuous said:

It sounds like the price already went through the roof a long time ago.

Yes and no. It certainly went through the roof in the late 90's/early 2000's, but it's sorta been stuck at that price. Supposedly, there are less than 100 working systems left in the world. I'm surprised it's not $10,000 by now.

Well in addition to rarity, its also important to have desire. If most people don't want it, its not going to warrant value.

Fun fact, Stradivarius violins are more common than functional pre world war 2 televisions.

Adventure vision is really rare, but is there a game unique to only it? Of its four games, I think all are knockoffs of common arcade games playable elsewhere. Yeah the tech is interesting/cool, just not enough to interest enough people to make it more valuable.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/25/2023 at 6:17 PM, Video said:

Well in addition to rarity, its also important to have desire. If most people don't want it, its not going to warrant value.

Fun fact, Stradivarius violins are more common than functional pre world war 2 televisions.

Adventure vision is really rare, but is there a game unique to only it? Of its four games, I think all are knockoffs of common arcade games playable elsewhere. Yeah the tech is interesting/cool, just not enough to interest enough people to make it more valuable.

Of course, desirability is always a factor. Common NES games like Contra or the Legend of Zelda go for more than many rare games, because so many want them. But the AV itself is desirable. There might not be a unique game on it (Turtles maybe?), but the system itself is unique. Extremely unique.

Of its time in the early 80's, the only thing even slightly comparable (but still very different due to the lack of spinning mirrors) was the Colorvision, and that's even rarer. Here it is next to my Av.:

tumblr_oesxkheW5N1v7c8pjo1_1280 (1).jpg

Cool, didn't know about that one. Learn something new everyday. Thought you were going to compare to those coleco tabletop games, which are glorified single function LCD type games, but use vfd cells to give bright lit up characters.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Video said:

Cool, didn't know about that one. Learn something new everyday. Thought you were going to compare to those coleco tabletop games, which are glorified single function LCD type games, but use vfd cells to give bright lit up characters.

Hehe, I loved my Coleco Pac-Man as a kid, so much so that I even wore out the glossy stickers. :D Anyway, here's some more info on the Colorvision: