IGNORED

New Atari 8-bit game: Tenebra!

H4plo

8 hours ago, H4plo said:

Watched this live, very entertaining! Thanks. It was cool to see people playing my game in real time.

You're so welcome. Your game was incredible and right up Tanya's alley in terms of the pure puzzle aspect of it. We didn't want to stop playing!!

8 hours ago, H4plo said:

By the way, "Johnson's Cave" was a homage to Cave Johnson of Portal 2, which was a source of inspiration for Tenebra (and even more on Tenebra 2, which gives you a portal gun!).

Finsternis was the original name of the game, but when I realised I couldn't fit it nicely on the title screen I switched from German to Latin and changed it to Tenebra.

Very nice! It's been a while since finishing Portal & Portal 2 so I've completely forgot the reference. I hope you consider port-aling Tenebra 2 to the Atari system as well!

- James

• Like 1

8 hours ago, H4plo said:

Finsternis was the original name of the game, but when I realised I couldn't fit it nicely on the title screen I switched from German to Latin and changed it to Tenebra.

Totale Finsternis ?

studio recording: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IF5qViCwBE

live performance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY-dLnxg8SE

(from the musical "Tanz der Vampire", original: Total Eclipse of the Heart)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

You're so welcome. Your game was incredible and right up Tanya's alley in terms of the pure puzzle aspect of it. We didn't want to stop playing!!

Very nice! It's been a while since finishing Portal & Portal 2 so I've completely forgot the reference. I hope you consider port-aling Tenebra 2 to the Atari system as well!

- James

Love this...(though I've been playing the Amiga version of Tenebra 2...1 as well, and I purchased the Windows/Mac version)...I'm currently on level 32. I was going to tell  you James to make sure this is on a Tanya day. Glad it was. Going to check out the 800 version this weekend : )

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Vexorx said:

I was going to tell  you James to make sure this is on a Tanya day. Glad it was. Going to check out the 800 version this weekend : )

For sure! I always try to reserve the puzzle games for when Tanya is on as she loves them and is really good at them! 🙂

- James

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ti99iuc said:

Nice game! I would like to see It also on the ti99! 😁

That's one platform I'm really keen on porting the game to. I know almost nothing about its architecture and will need to learn a lot, but the novel concept of the CPU's workspace registers intrigues me.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...