IGNORED

New update for Forem XE Professional (originally restored by AMIS)

rcamp48

Hi  guys ... I got everything working including the file section, but when I go to download a file I get a Crtl X character an i aborts the download. I have put some files online so they are there. I will post the ATRs later today, its a working system has been running for 8 or 9 months now. Sorry but some one was trying to log in while I was cleaning things up, the BBS is up and running I was removing passwords from the first ATR. There is a new SYSOP account on the ATR, PW is 1111 Phone number is 1111, I lefty all of the F-net passwords in. Give me another 5 mins t clean things up on my release copy and I will uppload it, all 8 drives are in use for files , each ATR is 16 Megs in size.

Russ

Untitled 630.jpg

Untitled 631.jpg

Untitled 632.jpg

Untitled 633.jpg

Untitled 634.jpg

Untitled 635.jpg

Untitled 636.jpg

Untitled 638.jpg

Untitled 639.jpg

Untitled 640.jpg

Untitled 641.jpg

Untitled 642.jpg

Untitled 643.jpg

Untitled 644.jpg

Untitled 645.jpg

Untitled 646.jpg

Untitled 648.jpg

Untitled 649.jpg

Untitled 650.jpg

Untitled 651.jpg

Edited by rcamp48

8 hours ago, Stephen said:

That's good though - it's less non-working software to get out.

Steven this one works perfectly, I just had a setback and had to create a program to write sub-directories for Altirra, I will be posting the executable and the source code...here is the post that I put on Facebook: Everything works, the reason I have not yet released the updated copy of Forem XEP, is that a couple of my 16 Meg dissk got corrupted and I have to rebuild them from scratch, these were all of the download disk with 4 usable subdirectories and 200 files in each sub-directory. Good old error 144 came up on two of them.

Anyways here is my Altirra Directory and Sub-Directory Creator with a bit of a writeup and explanation:

This is a post that may be of interest to some users here. Lets say that you are running an Atari BBS , and you want to somehow put some ATRs, ATX, XEX files into an Altirra 16 Meg setup with some form of directory structure.
OK you could mount a folder with many subdirectories an files in it, say from the Tosek library, however, you will quickly fin out that Spartados has a limit of say 120 files per subdirectory (OK I got away with 200 files per directory, but that ATR corrupted way too easy.
Is there a solution yet ? An automated way of doing this ? And is it customizable, ????
Yes there is , I have taken the time to modify my Transfolio Shell to do just that, the new program is called The Altirra File Directory Creator.
With this program , you can choose your drive letter, the master sub-directory, the sub-sub directory and how many files there will be per directory..
The result is a super program that with my entire Atari Library you will be able to write ATRs of 16 Meg for any Atari BBS that you are running.
Here is the program:.

PS: so far it works really good, I will put a version on my server with the entre Atari library.