IGNORED

MG Explorer cartridge version question

jschultzpedersen

Hi

I just got my hands on a .bin file with MG Explorer, as well as a copy of the manual (for the disk version). I can load the .bin file via my FinalGrom99 and see and work in the Explorer on my TI99. But how do I use the Explorer, if I have, say an Extended Basic program, which requires the Extended basic Cartridge activated? In the manual the Explorer is loaded from disk with CALL INIT :: CALL LOAD("DSK1.XBEXP"). But, as I have a cartridge version of Explorer available, I presume I have to activate the Explorer in some other way. But how?... 

regards

Jesper

2 hours ago, jschultzpedersen said:

Hi

I just got my hands on a .bin file with MG Explorer, as well as a copy of the manual (for the disk version). I can load the .bin file via my FinalGrom99 and see and work in the Explorer on my TI99. But how do I use the Explorer, if I have, say an Extended Basic program, which requires the Extended basic Cartridge activated? In the manual the Explorer is loaded from disk with CALL INIT :: CALL LOAD("DSK1.XBEXP"). But, as I have a cartridge version of Explorer available, I presume I have to activate the Explorer in some other way. But how?... 

regards

Jesper

In that case you would need to use the XBasic version from disk with your XBasic cartridge.  Load your basic program and then the MG Explorer as stated in your manual reference. 

At one time @RXB was considering integrating it into his cartridge but I believe that the file was too large for the space available.

• Like 3

Hi

Yes, that was exactly what made me wonder about the cartridge version of MG Explorer. I had hoped that this version had some extra commands not mentioned in the manual for the disk version, that allowed me to boot with GM Explorer (cartridge version) and then load a file from disk and analyse it. There was a disk on the Italian website next to the .bin image. It had an E5 type file on a .dsk image with MG Explorer, that I can 'run'. But then - I suppose I need the EA module active. So, no Extended Basic cartridge at the same time...

regards

Jesper

You could use FinalGROM put the MG Explorer into a another GROM base or ROM and load it like you asked with CALL INIT :: CALL LOAD("EXPLORER")

I would copy memory of loaded system into a single file then put that file into the other GROM base of mulitiple ROM banks in FinalGROM.

Set up a GPL DSR called "EXPLORER" so when called would move into 32K and return to XB and bang all set.

Or do a FAKE DSK like PDISK that was put out for GRAMKRACKER that CALL INIT :: CALL LOAD("EXPLORER") would load it thinking it was a disk file.

• Like 3