IGNORED

Issues with PFSCORE2 bar and LIVES in DPC+

rsiddall

For some reason, if I add "lives=128" variable along with "lives = lives-32" (to subtract and end the game once all lives are lost), I get a partial display of "pfscore2" bar. 

I have "pfscore2" rem'd out and only dealing with "pfscore1". So I'm not sure why "pfscore2" is showing up. If I remove all "lives" references, it goes away but my issue is I need "lives" in order to keep track of how many lives I have left - otherwise game will go on indefinitely.

See attached photo. The square on right side (circled in red) should not be present.

Lives_PFSCORE2.jpg

2 hours ago, rsiddall said:

For some reason, if I add "lives=128" variable along with "lives = lives-32" (to subtract and end the game once all lives are lost), I get a partial display of "pfscore2" bar. 

I have "pfscore2" rem'd out and only dealing with "pfscore1". So I'm not sure why "pfscore2" is showing up. If I remove all "lives" references, it goes away but my issue is I need "lives" in order to keep track of how many lives I have left - otherwise game will go on indefinitely.

See attached photo. The square on right side (circled in red) should not be present.

Lives_PFSCORE2.jpg

Looking at the memory map looks like "lives" and "pfscore2" share the same variable. That means that you can't use that minikernel and pfscores together. You can either use pfscores for lives, or use the lives minikernel, but in the case of the latter, you will need to disable pfscores to prevent this kind of thing from appearing.

• Like 2