IGNORED

Season 14 ~ Week 21 ~ Beat The Leaders 2

Vocelli

Just broke 100k! But I still didn’t get the bonus round, although it was my fault this time. The S changed colors as I picked it up and then I went for the R for my second extra and that changed too. (Along with my 3rd blue heart!) I must be too stressed on that bamboo shoot stage with the fast bugs. I was so close to greatness. I want to get some more games in tonight, so fingers crossed I can get a big bump up!

87E5A810-6BCB-46A8-848A-3C468713B3BD.thumb.jpeg.afca2aaaacd7da0a28f1f5b09d559b77.jpeg

If we had a “no bonus level” challenge, I would feel pretty confident in myself hahaha. Sigh. Lol. 

Edited by fakecortex
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Atarian7 said:

I don't know if it's just in my head or really happening, but it seems like the game gets harder if I get the 3 blue hearts for maximum bonus first every round.

The start of the level is a great time to gather a lot of dots without the threat of any other bugs, and I often fret that I’m missing it while waiting for hearts to turn blue.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ZilchSr said:

As soon as I discovered the prizes in the middle are nothing but bait, I can stay alive longer.

Agreed, especially in the early rounds where they aren't worth enough points to justify the risk.  Once the prizes starting getting worth 5k points or more, I might make a little more effort to lure the baddies to a corner to pick up the prize.  A secondary benefit of getting the prize is it pauses all the enemies briefly giving you an opportunity to clear the rest of the maze.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, ZilchSr said:

As soon as I discovered the prizes in the middle are nothing but bait, I can stay alive longer.

But they’re tasty bait! I like that they’ll regenerate if a bug dies, which is nice when they’re worth more. Of course, nothing like the bonus stage. Speaking of which...

I finally got Special!!

96FC9CE6-00A8-42DD-BE42-3AAF69C084AE.thumb.jpeg.b1d290ffbba0c3e0822d6f3c91b669d8.jpeg

I also got an Extra, which helped make up for when I got baited by a prize and died. I don’t think it was worth it 🙄 But something that’s worth noting that happened to me: if you go for a veggie and there’s still a skull left, be very aware of where the bugs are. If one dies, it’ll regenerate on top of the veggie and on top of you if you’re currently eating it haha but boooo.

• Like 5

Broke 200k!! No surprise that I got Special again, which really just blows your score wide open.

So I skipped some early bait, but I did get some later ones, which helped me clear boards bc of the freeze, tho the bugs did manage to trap me again. 

I’ll give it another go tonight, but I want to make sure I have this one locked in. Wow!

7E61D70C-9988-49ED-9471-77DE13E7B2BB.thumb.jpeg.d0488d6fe6adcb398a70134a681d3600.jpeg

• Like 6

The Season is over... Here is what to expect:

Monday Morning: Final Update on Scores. Final Standing Calculated. Season 14 Winner and Awards announced in the separate post.

Monday Afternoon: Major and Minor League Tournament Set-Up. Top 4 Major League Players will be contacted for their list of games they wish to play for Round 1. Top 2 Minor League Players will be contacted for their list of games they wish to play for Round 1.

Monday Evening: Let the Games Begin! (Hopefully, if players involved in picking games send me their lists quickly).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3