IGNORED

Gamestation Pro

Dr Karnov

On 2/18/2024 at 7:01 AM, big_guitar said:

So unfortunately, using a second core, and feeding the exact same config file, same core library, and same rom file into the different RA builds...

-the 1.17.0 build still duplicates the GSP stick actions on both GSP controllers (other buttons are not duplicated)

-the older MA-RA build does not duplicate actions to both controllers even with the same files used with 1.17.0 above 

This image shows both controllers pointing "west" when only the first controller is performing the action.  This does not happen with the MA-RA build.  With MA-RA, the action is only reported on the first controller.

stick-duplication.jpg

Fixed.  I was able to build RA 1.17.0 with SDL2 support.  The trick was setting the version to SDL2-2.0.7 on my build machine that matches the version of the library on the GSP.  Now you can use SDL2 controller profiles.  The two gsp controllers will no long override with player 1 controls.

retroarch1.17_sdl2.7z

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, GB_Baker said:

Fixed.  I was able to build RA 1.17.0 with SDL2 support.  The trick was setting the version to SDL2-2.0.7 on my build machine that matches the version of the library on the GSP.  Now you can use SDL2 controller profiles.  The two gsp controllers will no long override with player 1 controls.

retroarch1.17_sdl2.7z 2.95 MB · 0 downloads

So with that, ca we run champ games ?

14 minutes ago, samwars95 said:

So with that, ca we run champ games ?

Haven't done much testing other than verifying that the SDL2 controller driver works.  Any joystick that you have a profile in /autoconfig/sdl2 should just work. 

Not really familiar with champ games. 

Really great to see so much progress with the various GSP hacks.. I'm just not sure I understand how to implement most of it, haha.

5 hours ago, GB_Baker said:

Now you can use SDL2 controller profiles

Would this^ make things any easier for getting an X-Arcade Dual Joystick with USB-C to USB-A adapter to work using xinput on the GSP?

@big_guitar had explained something earlier I couldn't quite follow re: finding a udev match for the X-Arcade. So I'm wondering if SDL2 controller profiles mean I don't have to figure out udev, or if this is unrelated to what I'm trying to do...

Out of the box, on GSP you have to use "udev" for input drivers and the joypad driver as well, although supposedly RA-Linux supports "xinput" as a type for the joypad driver

With the runme firmware patch, you can edit the CFG file passed to retroarch to point to a directory on the sdcard for the "autoconfig" location [using joypad_autoconfig_dir="/sdcard/autoconfig" for example].

Within that custom sdcard folder, you can establish a "udev" subfolder to place matching controller config files, but you'd have to know what your controller device is seen as from the GSP perspective.  I did end up finding a udev match for mine as "Generic X-Box pad.cfg" (shows as that even though it is Microsoft brand).  I had to add lines to the file for "input_vendor_id" and 'input_product_id", which you can report via other commands, or you could find the matches for recognized controller configs under Windows.

😵

Edited by clyde

3 minutes ago, clyde said:

Really great to see so much progress with the various GSP hacks.. I'm just not sure I understand how to implement most of it, haha.

Would this^ make things any easier for getting an X-Arcade Dual Joystick with USB-C to USB-A adapter to work using xinput on the GSP?

@big_guitar had explained something earlier I couldn't quite follow re: finding a udev match for the X-Arcade. So I'm wondering if SDL2 controller profiles mean I don't have to figure out udev.. or if SDL2 is unrelated.

😵

With SDL2 enabled, it should be easier to setup if you have the xinput upgraded version. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, GB_Baker said:

retroarch1.17_sdl2.7z 2.95 MB · 1 download

Still a bit buggy unfortunately.  Might help deconflict the GSP controllers for some cores.  Causes issues for my 8bitdo Pro 2 in xbox mode with some missing keys.  Also some Mame2003 games not opening like 1944 that did before.  Not sure if it in SDL2 related or another problem with my build.

56 minutes ago, OldPAL said:

All this support for this hardware, plus the prices going lower and lower was very tempting. I just ordered one for $25 (one ebay seller has them for $23.95 + tax &Free Shipping). 

Hi OldPal,

I saw those on eb@y.   Let me know how the transaction goes.   I was a little skeptical of that seller undercutting everyone on the price.   I thought it was too good to be true. 

Kind regards,

E

5 hours ago, EH3W50N said:

Hi OldPal,

I saw those on eb@y.   Let me know how the transaction goes.   I was a little skeptical of that seller undercutting everyone on the price.   I thought it was too good to be true. 

Kind regards,

E

Will do. You are right though, they are a new seller with no feedback. I know some auction houses sell these units in bulk so I thought the seller was one of those who got them cheap. It is possible I will receive some crap instead of the actual thing.

On the Gamestation Pro, the Arcade1Up controller that comes with the Pac-Man HDMI Game Console, works using a cable.  For the SNES emulation, all the buttons work except for exact placement.  The controller has the left and right bumpers, 4 way direction pad, start, select, and the 4 buttons on the right side, but the 4 button order is different.  The Steel Talons game shows the 4 buttons as:

UP
DOWN       FIRE_MISSLE
    FIRE_GUNS

but the yellow controller buttons are

FIRE_MISSLE
DOWN       FIRE_GUNS
             UP

Missing from the yellow controller are the GSP MENU button and HOME button.  Those are not used by the SNES games.  A normal GSP controller plugged into the second port can be used for those if needed.  The home button on the console works.  

The Arcade1Up MegaMan controller looks the same and may work too.

Screenshot_20240225_211704_Chrome2.thumb.jpg.08caf0f65f073bb39c65b83ab902961c.jpg

On 2/23/2024 at 9:29 AM, EH3W50N said:

Hi OldPal,

Kind regards,

E

Well, I received the item. It looks like it might be opened before and I haven't tested it yet but it even has the batteries.Seems legit.

PXL_20240226_170141373.MP.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rockymin said:

I'm thinking of grabbing one, even though I have a VCS and Flashback 12.

I still adore mine and find it worth the $80 that I paid.  Even though I have an FB...10?  And a Retron77.  And a modded Vader with Harmony.  It does a lot of neat stuff, and is an easy way to play 2600 5200 7800, in HDMI.  Tiny footprint too.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ahofle said:

XBOX 360 didn't work for me...only the XBOX one controller works.

My understanding is that it will work with anything that uses "X-input", and I thought that included Xbox 360?  In any case, I can vouch for the Xbox One as well as the 8bit Do Arcade stick working flawlessly with the GSP so long as it's wired connection.  I don't believe any wireless controllers work with it except the stock ones.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hydro Thunder said:

My understanding is that it will work with anything that uses "X-input", and I thought that included Xbox 360?  In any case, I can vouch for the Xbox One as well as the 8bit Do Arcade stick working flawlessly with the GSP so long as it's wired connection.  I don't believe any wireless controllers work with it except the stock ones.

For the 8bitDo arcade stick, if you were to use the included 2.4g wireless USB receiver, would that work?  I have that arcade stick (I love it) and my impression was that the wireless receiver mimics as if it's a wired USB device.  That's how I'm using mine.  Though I'm not using it on a Gamestation Pro, so maybe there's some reason it wouldn't work?

I recently updated the Gamestation Pro software to version 1.3.  On version 1.2, when you selected a game menu like ATARI 2600, you could move the joystick down to page through 5 game boxes at a time each time you moved the joystick down.  Now with version 1.3, you press down to get to the second set of 5 games, and then when you press down once more, you are moved back to the top menu bar instead of being moved to the next set of 10 games that were off screen.  The way the menu is now in 1.3, when you are on the bottom row of games, to get the next screen of games, you have to move the jostick to the right 5 times instead of moving down once.  Does anyone think the game section menu is worse than before?

On 2/20/2024 at 11:17 PM, GB_Baker said:

Still a bit buggy unfortunately. 

What kind of config settings with enable/disable options were you using? The problem with others I've found out there is they require so many other library files to get close to loading, and it's difficult to get all the library files to play nice together.

7 hours ago, clyde said:

oh ok, thanks for confirming that.

If anyone can get xinput working for other controllers on the GSP, please let us know!

Have you tried @GB_Baker's RetroArch builds?  They do still need some work, but as it is- the first build they released worked with every controller I threw at it, so long as it is compatible with the GsP's Linux kernel, which doesn't exclude many controllers.  And if you don't want to use the RetroArch menu, it's entirely possible to substitute a new RA build, but continue to use the GsP's built in menu.  You'd just have to use RetroArch to configure your controller(s) first, assuming the defaults were not to your liking(or if the defaults are unusable, as the case may be with some controllers.)

Edited by fluxit
clarification