IGNORED

POKEY Filters

rdefabri

12 hours ago, makary said:

Yes, it is. But there's more to it. The effect becomes present only when specific frequencies and specific loops are set in the filtering channel/instrument. I hope I'll be more precise about it later on. I've just started messing with these settings. So it's more trial and error kind of work at this stage ;)

I got the point. The whole idea behind force Pokey to sound more 'unconventional' is to... use it against standards and manuals :) Unfortunately, software mostly forces us to play 'as it was invented ages ago'. I mean, I struggle to control filters, audctl per position in instrument, and so forth. So, long story short - best effects are when you 'break' Pokey with non standard use. I'm aware there are fans of vanilla sound. Some like Pokey to shows its hidden nature though :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Steril707 said:

Yeah give us more crazy Pokey stuff.. Love that..

Speaking about crazy Pokey stuff, this one qualifies I think. The idea behind is pretty straightforward: filters, filters everywhere. I mean literally. Even the kickdrum and the snare are made with filters.

BREAKBIT.xex

• Like 4