IGNORED

Good news, bad news... (forum question)

Nessus

The good news is I am now promoted to Space Invader.  ("Prepare to die, Earth scum!")

The bad news is I just found out that I have two accounts.  The only reason I can think of is that I tried log-in last year and could not do so, so I made a "new" account.

I would like to move my messages from this account to my other one.  Can I do that?

K-R.

33 minutes ago, Nessus said:

The good news is I am now promoted to Space Invader.  ("Prepare to die, Earth scum!")

The bad news is I just found out that I have two accounts.  The only reason I can think of is that I tried log-in last year and could not do so, so I made a "new" account.

I would like to move my messages from this account to my other one.  Can I do that?

K-R.

You spoken to @Albert about your troubles?

22 minutes ago, Nessus said:

I did not know who to ask, and did not see any admins listed; will look him up.

Added:  Did a search on "members" and found Albert, joined Jan 2001; I assume that is him?

K-R.

Probably.  He is the Big Kahuna around here.  The head cheese.  The big boss.  The big enchilada.  El jefe.  Head honcho.

• Haha 3

This same thing happened to me...around the days of Daves Video Game Classics, Digitpress, and Retrogames. My handle was always "Zektor" at the time. I created an account here on AA, posted ten times and then completely forgot my credentials. I found my "other self" searching:

https://forums.atariage.com/profile/1660-zektor/

I just made a new account too and just moved on all of these years ;) 

Just looking at a few of my old posts I can tell I was a bit younger. 22 years ago. I was only 26 and it was years before I had my first kid (who is now 19 and on her own). Why oh why did I look back! 

Anyway...did your old account have substantial posts where you need to move back to it or merge it into your current account?

Edited by eightbit
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, eightbit said:

This same thing happened to me...around the days of Daves Video Game Classics, Digitpress, and Retrogames. My handle was always "Zektor" at the time. I created an account here on AA, posted ten times and then completely forgot my credentials. I found my "other self" searching:

https://forums.atariage.com/profile/1660-zektor/

I just made a new account too and just moved on all of these years ;) 

Just looking at a few of my old posts I can tell I was a bit younger. 22 years ago. I was only 26 and it was years before I had my first kid (who is now 19 and on her own). Why oh why did I look back! 

Anyway...did your old account have substantial posts where you need to move back to it or merge it into your current account?

The "old" account (Kchula-Rrit) has 109 posts starting in 2015, about hardware and programming.  This one (nessus) is only a few, starting last year, so I can let it go.  The main thing is my entry/conversations in Shift838's IDE board poll, so I am not too worried about it.

K-R.

Edited by Nessus
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, atrax27407 said:

Click on @Albert a couple of posts up and near the top of his profile there is a Message box that will allow you to send him a message.

Thanks.  I am old enough, and a bit of a spelling/grammar Nazi, to figure that "Message" is not a verb.  8-)

K-R.

55 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

Your K-R avatar looks far less menacing than your Nessus avatar.

catalienmulder.jpg.d52c70b8e3a10d39431252e342813e59.jpg

That just looks creepy!  Since I just changed it, for posterity below is my "old" one, found in Wikimedia Commons.  By the way, CS1, did you ever find room for that train layout?  "Life" intervened with mine, and now the cat uses it as a tanning bed...

Chicken Cat - 320px.jpg

• Like 3

On 9/23/2023 at 2:25 AM, Kchula-Rrit said:

By the way, CS1, did you ever find room for that train layout?  "Life" intervened with mine, and now the cat uses it as a tanning bed...

Gonna be a long time before that happens.  Every year for Christmas time I break out what I can and run it around the tree.  I have a nice collection of Burlington Northern rolling stock, along with a few Chessie System.

Heck, I barely have enough room for my classic systems.  But, I am about to tear my office out in the the living room and sort everything, get it combined with what I have built up in storage and start moving it into hand which will use it.  But, for room, what I would give for a basement.

• 1 month later...