IGNORED

Fall/Winter project for little old me

AMenard

Hey, it’s time to pack up and store the summer toys and prepare our hobby of choice to hibernate until spring. 

For me, my project will be to create my own cross dev build environment and utilities. First for the A8 (my favorite system) but I’m considering going multi platform later on. First it will be a simple python script that prepare the sources files to be assembled and linked to be called from VS Code, with MADS as the assembler and then passed on to Altirra for testing. Once I get a Fujinet I’ll add the option of sending and running the file on my 130xe and 800xl.

that’s the groundwork of the whole system. Later on I’ll add a built in code editor (or integrate VS Code) a graphic/sprite editor and a sound creator. Once I get the A8 setup working I’ll start adding other classic architecture, C64/128, Ti99, TRS-80 CocoI,II,III , Apple, MSX, Spectrum, as long as there’s a working cross assembler and emulator package I’ll keep trying to include it.

Later on I may also work on 16bit systems, god willing.

i know many other IDE exist, and I do love them especially WUSDN and CBM Studio and I’ve no pretension to cast shadow or disparate those project. I only do this because I want to make my own.

So I see long evenings of python coding in my future. This post will be similar to my floppy archival project of 2020-21. I’ll be using this thread as a journal and to announce progress.

• Like 3