IGNORED

Found in wild - left there for you

grownup

I just walked out of community thrift store on McGregor boulevard and South Fort Myers. I saw a ti-99 4A in there and I'm letting you know it's there in case you want to buy it. I took a short video showing it to you. It's complete in the box for $60. I can't figure out how to upload the video though

3 minutes ago, grownup said:

I just walked out of community thrift store on McGregor boulevard and South Fort Myers. I saw a ti-99 4A in there and I'm letting you know it's there in case you want to buy it. I took a short video showing it to you. It's complete in the box for $60. I can't figure out how to upload the video though

You could do a youtube video and paste the link here. FYI

I'm pretty amazed that people are still donating these things to thrift shops in the year 2023. It was in pretty good condition. Maybe they will ship it to you. The RF box was different than the ones I have. I have two of these but neither of mine have the red light on the RF switch box. I looked around to see if I can find software but I didn't see any.

2 hours ago, grownup said:

I'm pretty amazed that people are still donating these things to thrift shops in the year 2023.

People die, and (eventually) things are donated. I regularly see lots of items from the 1970s and 1980s turn-up at thrift shops. Some processes move very slowly. 

My Grandfather died in 1983, but most of his personal effects did not actually get disposed of (i.e. sold or donated to local charities) until almost twenty years later. 

A friend of the family inherited his Parents' house in the 1970s. He placed everything into storage where it all remained until he himself died several decades later. Ultimately it was disposed of by his nephew.

There are very probably many more vintage computers and game consoles languishing in a similar state of limbo in storage, waiting for an estate to finally be settled. 

• Like 2