IGNORED

MegaSTE and VME/ET4000 graphics - terminal program / ANSI options?

Xebec

33 minutes ago, DarkLord said:

Hmm, you do have a handful of nice ANSI screens - the ones that follow the Star Trek theme.

How many of those are there though? DarkForce! has colorful ANSI screens for almost every

occasion.  :)

PS My previous post was a joke...your tricorder apparently failed to recognize it.   :D

I knew you were attempting humor... was just a lame attempt.... even by your standards. :P

Too bad you missed the last meeting though... had Josh on there AND the IGS guy.

On 12/12/2023 at 9:03 PM, Kirkman said:

Looking closely at Xebec's screenshot, it appears Connect may be displaying ANSI "low" (or "dim") colors as "high"/"bright". Maybe there's a preference/option that needs to be un-checked?

I forget which exact mode I used - but Connect 95 and Connect 97 each had multiple (and somewhat different from each other) ANSI modes.  Oddly 95 had some modes 97 didn't.

For example "Connect LIGHT" and "[something] DARK", and there were a few variations on those light/dark modes. 

I ended up using whichever one gave the most overall "correctness", and the best render I was able to get was the one I posted where part of "DARKFORCE" was cut off at the bottom.  (I re-ran the tests using a larger terminal window size, which made no difference, and I also slowed the baud rate down just in case it was a buffering issue, and no difference).  

I SYSOP'd an ST BBS from 1987 to 1990 before switching to PCBoard on the PC (until I got in trouble / Microsoft took it away in 1994 ;-) ), so I am looking to use this Mega STE + VGA to connect to both ST (VT52) and PC (ANSI) BBSes for fun.    (Off topic - I would like to re-learn about VT52, what it can / can't do).  

There are some other terminal programs out there that might yet do better, Example:  https://www.stcarchiv.de/stc1997/05/starcall-pro  .  During the holiday when things are slow at work I plan to do some more testing.    I'm assuming the DarkForce BBS won't eventually block my IP for connecting and dropping a bunch during testing :). 

P.S.  https://www.atariuptodate.de/en/online/comm - if anyone has other recommendations for terminal programs to try for ANSI on this config, please let me know.  

Edited by Xebec

Well, hopefully you'll get to this one!  :)

Figured since this is the last one of the year (and kinda short notice) I'd post in a few more places....

Just your regular Atari BBS Community Zoom Meet Reminder... sorry for the late reminder.

As always, we meet on the first Sunday and third Friday of every month... the next meeting is tonight, Friday, December 15th at 8pm Eastern.

No real agenda for this since my work project is in it's final stages, but those tend to be the most fun!

The link ... https://tinyurl.com/abgc-friday23

We're also having a working session with Pab on Sunday December 17th at 3pm to help someone with AtariLink II.  If anyone is interested, please feel free to attend!  We will likely keep this only as long as it needs to be to solve the problem and will be keeping it on topic since it's a working session, but if you've been interested in the AtariLink BBS, this is your chance to work with the author on issues regarding getting it set up.

Working session link.... https://tinyurl.com/AtariLink-WS

And our first meeting of the new year will be Sunday, January 7th of 2024 at 3pm Eastern.  Reminder and the new link will go out prior to that.

• Like 1