IGNORED

NeoSprint (by Atari) - (in VCS Store)

Vatcaris

Now in Early Access on VCS! Find the track of your dreams, or build your own. Then get ready to put the pedal to the metal in this robust track builder! Race by yourself throughout three cup circuits, or in local multiplayer, and prove who is truly the king - or queen - of the top-down tracks! Join the early access test and the discussion in the NeoSprint Forums (https://discord.com/channels/866714430208213002/1158458788051943576)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, zzip said:

Do you have to sign up for early access on discord or is that for feedback?

Feedback and bug reports. You don't have to sign up for anything outside of joining the VCS Discord.

NeoSprint is an early release, so there are a few bugs right now (4k rez is causing a crash, PS4 controller is being wacky, etc) so it is not perfect.  Also, the price is at $14.99 for the VCS early release.  When the game launches for everyone else, it will go up in price.  The release plan is in flux, but most likely in Q2 2024.

• Like 1

Purchased this earlier and i think its really good so far! I've not come across any bugs so far playing it on the Atari VCS and even downloaded and played a few tracks with no problems 🙂 no complaints here. For essentially a demo its got more content and polish than a lot of full game releases I've came across on other platforms! Looking forward to the full release.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, diamax said:

Will it be available for PC also ?

Yes, but not right now.  The VCS is getting this as a timed exclusive.  I don't think the release date has a final confirmation, but it is likely going to other platforms by end of Q1 or early Q2 2024.

• Like 3

Hey guys, thank everyone so far for the feedback on NeoSprint.  The 4k Resolution bug was something that popped up in the last build and caught the developers off guard.  We are looking into that odd launch bug that @swlovinist and @MrTrust encountered.  We had one of our own developers encounter that too, but thank you for telling us about it.

I know there is a big want to have the Joystick paddle to function for the game.  I'm right there with you.  It was working kind of in an earlier build, but there were quite a few issues at the time.  I think they put the Joystick on the backburner at that time to concentrate on a lot of other functions and development.  The Joystick is a work in progress, but we'll get there.

Again, thank you everyone for putting in your feedback in the NeoSprint forum.  If you don't know about it, it is in the VCS Discord (https://discord.gg/atarivcs) and you can jump to it with this link: https://discord.com/channels/866714430208213002/1158458788051943576

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PowerDubs said:

I'd love gas / brake on the triggers.

They do already.  On top of the A/B use, the RT is for acceleration and the LT is for brake/reverse.  I haven't tried a 3rd party controller (Xbox One or PS4 Dual Shock) but the Atari Modern Controller has the triggers as those functions as well.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, davpa said:

They do already.  On top of the A/B use, the RT is for acceleration and the LT is for brake/reverse.  I haven't tried a 3rd party controller (Xbox One or PS4 Dual Shock) but the Atari Modern Controller has the triggers as those functions as well.

Yes, but it's still on/off.  I'm talking about pressure-sensitive gas/brake controls.

On 10/7/2023 at 12:09 PM, swlovinist said:

I am part of the discord and tried launching this one on the VCS.   It is not allowing me to play the game?   Am I missing something here?

I couldn't launch it either, had it installed on my secondary 1TB ssd. What fixed it was moving the install to my original internal 32GB drive, then it would open and start the game. When it was installed on my 2nd drive it would get to the Atari symbol during the game boot and then just return to the home game menu. Try moving it to the original internal drive. Good Luck!

8 hours ago, davpa said:

Awesome!  I don't remember seeing that in the tutorial....  will try when I get a chance.

5 hours ago, Atariboy said:

Is this a VCS exclusive? Looks nice so I hope that it goes multiplatform.

The game comes to other platforms at some point next year but for now it's an Atari VCS 800 exclusive. We're pretty much beta testing the game which is awesome and its great we get something else exclusive for a while. I think when the full version of the game hits next year, even on other platforms the Atari VCS 800 has the potential to offer the better version of the game thanks to support for the spinner on the classic joystick being worked into the game at some point. I'll definitely pick this game up on all platforms when it fully releases for sure to support Atari but this kind of game works best with a spinner so i know what my go to version will be 😀. I actually think most games where the spinner can be worked in is a game changer, look at Super Star Shooter 16 for instance its like a whole other beast when using the classic joystick and spinner.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2023 at 11:04 AM, davpa said:

Triggers didn't work for me on the modern controller, unless it has to be enabled somehow?