IGNORED

7th Annual Fall Knockout Tourney - Round 1 - Donkey Kong Jr. Screen 1 Challenge

image.jpeg.74a01827aaac0599431c9b7835e85de2.jpeg

HIGH SCORE CLUB

7th Annual Fall Knockout Tournament

Round 1

th?id=OIP.4jdwGP9Y9ggoORO2QfC4iwAAAA&pid=Api&P=0&h=220Donkey Kong, Jr. for Colecovision Box Artth?id=OIP.DEZ4_1TOmzzrthmgAoS96QAAAA&pid=Api&P=0&h=220

Screen 1 Challenge (Madness)

Game Information

Game Name: Donkey Kong Jr.

Released by: Arcade: Nintendo 1982. CV: Coleco/CBS 1983.

Settings: Skill 1 (Screen 1 Challenge).

CV HSC High Score: Skill 1 (Screen 1 Challenge): 32,600 jblenkle (5/2019 HSC 12).

Manual: http://adamarchive.org/archive/Manuals/ColecoVision/Donkey Kong Jr.pdf 

Screen 1 Challenge Rules: Play on Skill 1. Play on Screen 1 only. Do not advance to Screen 2. Get as many points as you can using all 4 lives (the 4th life is awarded at 10,000 points) on Screen 1. Simply play until the timer runs out for each life on Screen 1. Drop fruit on the snapjaws, jump over the snapjaws but only on Screen 1!

Round Ends: Saturday October 21st at 8pm (PST) 11pm (EST)

Rules are simple. After each round ends, the player with the lowest score is eliminated and we continue playing rounds until one individual remains atop the carnage. Having the top score isn't necessary yet, just try not to have the lowest score. Good Luck!

ColecoVision Platform Theme Video - Platform Theme Videos - LaunchBox  Community Forums

Good Luck!

Final Donkey Kong Jr. Scores

1)31,900 Colecovision

2)30,700 Northcoastgamer

3)30,200 DuggerVideoGames

4)29,900 Mikey50

5)29,700 CentipedeFan

6)28,800 ctelkin19

7)28,600 jblenkle

8)24,200 fakecortex

9)23,200 ed1475  ELIMINATED 

donkey-kong-jr-1983.rom

Edited by Northcoastgamer
Final Score Update
  • Like 1

Welcome to the 7th Annual Fall KO Tourney! We'll start off with a classic somewhat simplified. Just get a many points as you can playing Screen 1 only. Round 1 will last until Saturday October 21st. All the rounds that follow will be about a week. Now have at it and best of luck!

Edited by Northcoastgamer

7 hours ago, fakecortex said:

I can't seem influence where the baddies go, so I have no clue how everyone is getting such high scores. Nice job, here's to eking my way into the second round.

My pattern, which I'm sure wasn't the best, was try to get the following per life

• Line up a two baddie drop on the first vine
  • Line up a one baddie drop on the 2nd vine after 1st platform (rarely had the patience so usually skipped.)
  • Line up (two) one baddie drops on the vine bundle above the grass platforms (a two drop is really crowded in here)
  • Line up a one baddie blue drop on the topmost vine.
  • Do the DK ankle jump on the top platform right next to the two rightmost vines on the last red baddie who never leaves these two vine and, as far as I can tell, no fruit can be dropped on him.  But you can do the jump trick next to him when he's ascending or descending the vine to get credit for jump points.  He has to be on the vine closest to the platform and in some lives he just never comes over.  Pretty random.

If I could pull this off (more or less) each life I can get 6-7k per life.

Hard to make all that come together 5 times in a row.

• Like 2