IGNORED

In Development "Jutland Skies" Atari 2600 Historical Airplane Game

kikipdph

4 hours ago, LatchKeyKid said:

The zepellin and tank sprites are difficult to get right due to the shapes and Atari sprites.  I like what you did with the tank though.  Does it shoot at you?   Are the zepellins crash obstacles to avoid or do they shoot at you as well?

Both the tank and the zeppelin shoot.

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing an Exclusive WIP Update of Jutland Skies on tomorrow's ZPH stream LIVE on Twitch! Hope you can join us in the chat tomorrow!

Games:

• Like 3

The game Jutland Skies is entering the final stage of development. The game is, in fact, based on the wishes and advice of people who wrote on Facebook and AA forums. The suggestion for the plane to land on the island will be accepted. In the video, you can see the latest progress, and after this, there should be a short animation of the plane landing, hijacking another plane, and then a battle with the final boss, perhaps even before that, a sub-boss.

Video link:

https://www.facebook.com/601773036/videos/6726416130788900/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, LatchKeyKid said:

I've loved the previous animations and sprites you've made since the very beginning preview when you gave folks a choice as to which game to persue but I have to admit that I have no idea what the final boss is supposed to be.  Is it a tank and the big thing it ejects at you is its turret?

The final boss is an armored vehicle with treads like tanks have. Such an armored vehicle existed in WW1, although in reality, it looks a bit different.

1 hour ago, glurk said:

I have to admit, it looks like a tank where the turret keeps disappearing, and comes across as kind of glitchy / weird.

Not a fan of that particular animation...

It is an armored vehicle; back then, the armored vehicle looked like a tank. And it could be a hatch that opens.

It's Atari, and you can't expect too much :)

The thing is, it had to be something that appears because it was difficult to find another solution due to the targeting when bombing on the ground. It was designed for moving targets that come towards it, not away from it, making it inaccurate in the opposite scenario.

31 minutes ago, TIX said:

Excellent job @kikipdph,

probably have been discussed and rejected earlier,

but anyway why no banking left/right animation ?

too late now but here is my take on this (plus a new rotor animation) !

2.gif.f227f8cadf546cae6f5cf37ad2dbc42c.gif    1.gif.26364631001781a34f381f77ac7982f2.gif  

I didn't like it, so I decided not to tilt the plane :) I had done that right at the beginning.

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing the Exclusive Final Version of Jutland Skies on tomorrow's ZPH stream LIVE on Twitch! Hope you can join us in the chat!

Games:

• Like 2