IGNORED

what are handy files to include on Sdrive Max

newTIboyRob

So, yes, my Sdrive is here, connected, ready to go. I just haven't turned her on yet because she is downstairs and my PC and SD card file transferability is upstairs. So before I take the SD card out of the PC, go down there, insert and go, I was wondering a few things:

1) Is there a .ATR I need to put on the D0 Boot Drive?   (Keep in mind I would like to use Max with both my 600 xl and on my 800 xl when it's fixed. I remember reading there was a bug related to the version for the 800xl, so I would need the clean version usuable on both computers. Can anyone include that for me here?)  

2) Can you think of/recommend any other files, be them .ATR or whichever extension, that you think may be necessary, and/or have been helpful to you over the years, or are just plain... cool, that you would add to the following list of the 15 I've already copied over and are currently sitting on my SD card:

bcalc-cassete  (CAS)

bcalc-cassete  (BIN) 

blank 1          (ATR)

blank 2          (ATR)

dos2.5w4       (ATR)

dosnapp         (ATR)

pitfall1            (ATR)

pitfall2            (ATR)

visicalc            (ATX)

zork1A, zork1B   (both ATR)

zork2A, zork2B   (both ATR)

zork3A, zork3B    (both ATR)

3) Regarding the first 2 files on the list, will I have to convert those to .ATR as well to use in Max, or will they run just with their current file extensions?

Edited by newTIboyRob

5 hours ago, newTIboyRob said:

To add to my #1 in the last post, when I tried to download the correct .atr for the 800 xl from this site:

That's only if you use SDRIVE.ATR which when booted from D1: will present an on screen menu which you

can use to select which other .ATR's you want to boot with.

If your using the touch screen, there's no need to use SDRIVE.ATR, just put whatever boot disk, be it DOS

or a game disk in D1: and away you go.