IGNORED

anyone have the .ATR ('s?) for Miner2049er?

newTIboyRob

This particular game looked quite nice to me. I am not usually a gamer, but I thought I might as well have a few games and add it to my small collection.

The only thing is, I see it a .ROM file on Atarimania, so wouldn't it need to be converted to .ATR format to use on an Sdrive Max?  (I wouldn't even know where to begin with that one.)  Perhaps someone has done this and can post the necessary converted file/s here please?   Thank you!

@newTIboyRob

All of the following sites have pretty much most games ever created between them, where you'll find atr and xex versions of all. So you should never need to convert anything commercially or homebrew based, as over the last 20-30 years it's all be done :)

Atarionline.pl (have your browser set to translate the Polish) - https://atarionline.pl/v01/index.php?ct=katalog

Atarimania - http://www.atarimania.com/pgemainsoft.awp?type=G&system=8

Gury's site: https://gury.atari8.info/list.php?src=2&ch=a&th=0

Also see other's links to site like Fandal

Just bear in mind you may find the occasional commercial game which has been hacked with elements of language translated in the code (I found a version of Blinky's scary school once which seemed all in English until you get to the potion lists - where that particular version had been translated to Polish.

Edited by Beeblebrox
adding more info

1 hour ago, newTIboyRob said:

@Rybags... thank you. Your link went right to it, I downloaded, and yes, in .xex.  So that is a file type that the Sdrive Max will recognize, yes?  If I have DOS 2.5 assigned to D1, do I assign the game to, say D2, and it will just run and play from there, or how would I do it?

Yes, xex files are just executable files that would've been named exe, obj, or something along those lines back in the day, and ran from DOS using a binary load option. They were just renamed when modern emulators started coming into play in the mid-90s, so as to not confuse them with DOS/Windows executable files.

I used to play this one religiously BITD. What an awesome and challenging game! Since it is so challenging fortunately there is a level select cheat:

While playing, type 2137826861 and then press and hold the SHIFT key. With the SHIFT key still held, press the number key that corresponds to the station you would like to enter. Numbers 1-9 lead to stations 1-9, while typing 0 will take you to the tenth station.

• Go to the Station 1: 2137826861 + Keys SHIFT + 1
  • Go to the Station 2: 2137826861 + Keys SHIFT + 2
  • Go to the Station 3: 2137826861 + Keys SHIFT + 3
  • Go to the Station 4: 2137826861 + Keys SHIFT + 4
  • Go to the Station 5: 2137826861 + Keys SHIFT + 5
  • Go to the Station 6: 2137826861 + Keys SHIFT + 6
  • Go to the Station 7: 2137826861 + Keys SHIFT + 7
  • Go to the Station 8: 2137826861 + Keys SHIFT + 8
  • Go to the Station 9: 2137826861 + Keys SHIFT + 9
  • Go to the Station 10: 2137826861 + Keys SHIFT + 0
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Houdini said:

I used to play this one religiously BITD. What an awesome and challenging game! Since it is so challenging fortunately there is a level select cheat:

While playing, type 2137826861 and then press and hold the SHIFT key.

I believe this is also the phone number shown on the title screen, so no need to memorize it

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Houdini said:

With the SHIFT key still held, press the number key that corresponds to the station you would like to enter.

Also, once the cheat is enabled, the ability to change levels remains active. So, if you die and start a new game, all you have to do is hold shift and press the number of the level you want again; and you can do this as many times as you want, if you want to skip from level to level.

• Like 1