IGNORED

RAT RACE - DEMO

TI_Ken

So I have the rat running across the floor. If I press 5, he runs across the top and opens the trap door... although it doesn't seem to respond every time. On another attempt, I was able to choose 5 and then 4, so the rat drops to the floor below and becomes trapped (which I'm guessing is intentional), but on previous runs, selecting 4 didn't appear to work.

Should I see the rat on each floor that I select a number for? Often, I'll select a number but nothing will happen.

11 hours ago, dasch said:

So I have the rat running across the floor. If I press 5, he runs across the top and opens the trap door... although it doesn't seem to respond every time. On another attempt, I was able to choose 5 and then 4, so the rat drops to the floor below and becomes trapped (which I'm guessing is intentional), but on previous runs, selecting 4 didn't appear to work.

Should I see the rat on each floor that I select a number for? Often, I'll select a number but nothing will happen.

@dasch Just a couple of things. The rat must be in the wall to select a different floor. You can press the number key for the floor you want but if the rat is running it won't "remember" what the next floor is. In fact, I don't even do a CALL KEY statement until the rat is in a wall. That may be why it doesn't appear to work sometimes. 

For the trap door not responding every time, I'm stumped on that because if the rat runs across the little button on level 5 (and he will hit that screen position on every run on level 5) it activates a subroutine to switch the on/off state of the trap door. 

I'll keep an eye out for a replication of those two issues you saw as I complete the programming.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still working on it. Unfortunately, work and family come first. There are now five buildings and I add a new feature/obstacle in each new building.

I have disabled the life/time function. So if you get trapped you will have to function 4 program break.

Remember to press the floor number you want to go to when the rat goes into the wall.

• Like 2