IGNORED

EPROM files wanted

atrax27407

Getting the file content is not a problem - I have them in MAME, HSGPL, and other formats. The problem is getting them converted to run from an EPROM as a single file. I was hoping that they were already available which would save me the laborious process of trying to convert them manually. I don't think there is a utility program that would do the conversion automatically.

2 hours ago, atrax27407 said:

Getting the file content is not a problem - I have them in MAME, HSGPL, and other formats. The problem is getting them converted to run from an EPROM as a single file. I was hoping that they were already available which would save me the laborious process of trying to convert them manually. I don't think there is a utility program that would do the conversion automatically.

RXB has always been released with GRAM versions to run in GRAMKRACKER, PGRAM, GRAMULATOR, or HSGPL card.

Now since version RXB 2020 was the last version that can run on them as RXB 2021 on has 3 ROMs not 2.

So currently all new versions only run on FinalGROM or Classic99 or MAME or other Emulators that can handle multiple ROMs.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, atrax27407 said:

You would need a cart board that can use a single EPROM as both GROM and ROM, which to my knowledge, does not exist. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/22/2023 at 9:57 AM, atrax27407 said:

There will always be two files in UberGROM images to "burn" - the 512K EEPROM and the 1284P (UberGROM).  They will never be a single file.  For the ones that I've released in a zip file, every single UberGROM "image" has two files apiece.

Most of them already are available - I had released a zip file of UberGROM images a while back in the Mega UberGROM thread.  I'm not sure if what you want was part of it, but I remember distinctly making dozens of them.

The other ones are super easy to make for any that are missing.  Whomever owns a missing one just reads the existing 1284P IC image (132K in size) and 512K ROM binaries in a programmer.  Bundle them and voila, you have what you need to make another image :).  It probably would be a good idea to tack them onto the same thread that's mentioned in the Mega UberGROM Thread that has the link I put to the others.

• Like 1