IGNORED

7th Annual Fall Knockout Tourney - Round 2 - Dragonfire

image.jpeg.74a01827aaac0599431c9b7835e85de2.jpeg

HIGH SCORE CLUB

7th Annual Fall Knockout Tournament

Round 2

image.png.081d9520b5c5c85a15930f257c40f56e.pngDragonfire for Colecovision Box Artimage.png.bf74340a1e2c370f902b381a6c1d5ec0.png

Game Information

Game Name: Dragonfire

Released by: Original game by Bob Smith - Imagic 1982. CV: Imagic 1984.

Settings:  Skill 0 - Easiest (Start with 7 lives)

CV HSC High Score: Skill 0 - Easiest: First time playing Skill 0 for Dragonfire in the CV HSC.

Manual: http://adamarchive.org/archive/Manuals/ColecoVision/Dragonfire.pdf

Round Ends:  Sunday October 29th at 8pm (PST) 11pm (EST)

Rules are simple. After each round ends, the player with the lowest score is eliminated and we continue playing rounds until one individual remains atop the carnage. Having the top score isn't necessary yet, just try not to have the lowest score. Good Luck!

ColecoVision Platform Theme Video - Platform Theme Videos - LaunchBox  Community Forums

Good Luck!

Final Dragonfire Scores

1)39,200 Northcoastgamer  

2)23,800 Colecovision

3)22,900 CentipedeFan

4)21,900 Mikey50

5)17,300 jblenkle

6)14,500 DuggerVideoGames

7)  5,000 fakecortex

8)      0     ctelkin19   ELIMINATED

Just for Fun Scores

1)19,500 ed1475

The Players

CentipedeFan 

Colecovision

ctelkin19

DuggerVideoGames

fakecortex

jblenkle

Mikey50

Northcoastgamer

ed1475   (ELIMINATED Round 1)

dragonfire-1984.rom

Edited by Northcoastgamer
Final Score Update

I was able to clear the 10th castle but my score was less than the 23,100 already postedOn level 9 the archer shoots arrows and the bridge opens and closes. This is repeated every level afterward. The positioning of the treasures in the dragon room plays an important role in gathering them and surviving in order to exit each room. The amount they are worth also affects the score. You would think that by clearing 2 mores castles my score would be higher but such was not the case.

Edited by Northcoastgamer
  • Like 1

25,300. The troll pretty much is a must kill seeing how it is worth the most points at 1,000 a pop. Sometimes I wait in the doorway before entering the treasure room and let the troll switch the sword to his left side then take him out. Or enter and wait in the lower right side bottom, then when he switches hands, get him. It isn't necessary to kill the troll but for the 1,000 points it is worth it. 

20231025_100359.jpg

20231025_100402.jpg

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Northcoastgamer said:

I was able to clear the 10th castle but my score was less than the 23,100 already postedOn level 9 the archer shoots arrows and the bridge opens and closes. This is repeated every level afterward. The positioning of the treasures in the dragon room plays an important role in gathering them and surviving in order to exit each room. The amount they are worth also affects the score. You would think that by clearing 2 mores castles my score would be higher but such was not the case.

Ive noticed that points per level isn't always consistent.  I always snag the troll first move out the gate if facing me. If he's not I just wait 2 seconds at the door then go.  Treasure positioning can be a pain.  Treasures right at the dragon's head are deadly to approach.  I find approaching them diagonally from the right side back up to the left in a V move, I can gobble them up without being hit.  Another good approach for dragonhead treasure is vertically from top to bottom.  You are smaller target wide than you are tall and very often fireballs are angling left or right.  If they're at the bottom but slightly left or right of the head I'll hug the walls and snag em in between breaths.  You almost have to get "in that zone tunnel vision" to see all the fireballs and time their movement.  It's almost mazelike when you can see the field well.

Edited by CentipedeFan
  • Like 1

I would agree. It is better moving at an angle to grab the treasures just above the dragons head. Most Ive scored for 1 treasure room was 2,200. Usually 1,300 to 1,700. If I remember correctly, there are diamonds in some of the treasure rooms in the 2600 version. You can score 4,000 to 5,000 points a round?  Idk been awhile.

• Like 1