IGNORED

Videopac / Odyssey 2 - Repair, almost working.

Hellfish74

Hello,

I have an Videopac Machine (PAL/UK one), Orignally it would not start up, but after replacing the Internal Power supply with a New 5v one, it starts up. 

However, whenever I swich it on, all I get is a white screen, with beeping, and some garbled text on the screen.

If I press reset, on the console, it switches to the game and works ok, anyone any idea what the issues could be?

Thanks

20231021_104732.jpg

I've used Contact Cleaner and IPA on both the Cartidge ports and the Carts themselves, Still the same Issue, and the Same every time with every Cart, Scrambled screen, and beeping, but pressing reset works. I have not recapped it yet, so guess that is the next course of action, but wanted to asked if it was a know issues / common problem!

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2023 at 10:58 PM, KylJoy said:

This is pretty normal behavior for any O2 I've ever used.

Thanks for this reply, I have another one, and with the Game Inserted it just starts the game no need to press reset (and I think thats how it worked on the one I had many years ago). 

But was not sure if different revison worked differently, so the one's you use, started scrambled with beeping and you press reset to play the Games.