IGNORED

Woooo!!! I just played Klax!

Cousin Vinnie

Man, Klax is a pretty cool prototype, I can't believe they didn't release it. Thanks to Mitch for telling me how to get around the emulation flaw (Hit R when it freezes).

Wooo!! Mitch also is letting Crossbow and I use his screenshots in our reviews at Atari 7800 Panoramic Froo-Froo. He's cooler than you.

Check out new 7800 reviews at Froo-Froo: Fatal Run, and Realsports Baseball. www.bigfishusa.com/7800

Also, I just won a Realsports Baseball with both labels on the cart are upside down. I think this is a cool error cart, butt how much is it worth? Is it a sought after item, or just a cool collector's item???

Cousin Vinnie

Yeah the 7800 Klax is really amazing (but the 2600 version is good too). I'd just like to know who owns the prototype so I can keep bothering them until they sell it to me

Actually, there are a few unreleased 7800 prototype roms floating around out there, but who owns them? BTW, John Hardie confirmed my suspicions that there is indeed a Sky Fox prototype out there but it's largely incomplete (nothing more than a one screen demo).

Tempest

Well...at least we know that is does indeed exist. About damn time.

What about Fractalus?

Or Moon Patrol?! I can just imagine a near arcade perfect version of Moon Patrol.

BTW Vinnin: Still working on that review...I am staging a server right now.

Yes they were planned. Sky Fox actually was pictured on the original 7800 box and in a commerical (for about 2 seconds). Rescue on Fractulus never showed up anywhere but was mentioned on internal part lists.

I just talked to Tom Sloper about Sky Fox and he says it probably wasn't far enough along in production when Atari crashed in 84. He apperently went back through the archives and dug up all the partialy completed games that could be finished. Ballblazer and Desert Falcon got finished this way but he didn't remember Sky Fox.

John Hardie says he saw a prototpe of it that was very incomplete (nothing more than a one screen demo). I'm guessing that's as far as it got.

Tempest

Rescue on Fractulus never showed up anywhere but was mentioned on internal part list.[/QB]

My 7800 box had a picture of Rescue on Fractalus right on the front of it, with a picture of Desert Falcon right below it.

Hmm... I think there are at least two different boxes then because mine doesn't have it (I think, I really don't want to dig it out).

Tom Sloper mentioned that he didn't think it was far enough along to save from when it was abandoned in 84. But I guess it was started then.

Tempest